EPISODE 13

12/11/2019 - Tuesday- Chennai

Aparna's P. O. V:

" Hi! " A reply came from Shiva, much faster than I expected.

He acted so strong yesterday and today he was sending me friend request. Great improvement.

I laughed at his message and started typing a reply back.

Suddenly I heard Rajiv's mom shouting, it sounded like she was in pain.

I rushed out of my room and ran downstairs. She must have slipped and fell down from the stairs.

" Are you okay? " I asked her.

Her face was scrunched in pain.

I helped her up and made her sit on the sofa nearby.

" My ankle! It hurts! " She said.

" Can I take you to a hospital nearby? " I asked her.

" No. Just help me sit up. I'll be okay " She said.

" Aunty, in this age , you shouldn't take these things lightly. It's only safe if we get checked right now. " I said.

" Our family doctor is one street away, let's go there" She said.

" Okay. Aunty, don't move your ankle! Just keep it the way it is! " I said to her.

I went out, called an autowala and helped her walk out.

We went to the clinic she told and we rushed inside. It was quite empty.

As soon as the receptionist saw us, she directed us to the observation room. A nurse came in and asked me to wait outside.

An old lady hastened into the observation room with a nurse behind her. She must be in her 60s.

After few minutes, the same lady came out and I stood up.

" Nothing to worry, just a sprain. I have put the bandage. Meet me in 15 minutes. " She told me and walked back to her room.

Few minutes later, Rajiv's mom came out. I helped her walk to the doctor's room. She was slightly limping because of the bandage.

" Come in Sumathi! " The old doctor said as we walked in.

Rajiv's mom sat on the patient's chair and I sat near her.

" Thank god , you didn't try any home medicine for the sprain " The doctor said laughing.

Rajiv's mom looked at me and smiled.

" Who is this? " The doctor asked pointing at me.

" She is my first daughter in law. She is the one who quickly brought me here. " Rajiv's mom said.

" Good thinking. Many people try to treat at home. Then the sprain swells, they tie clothes, they put hot water, ice. After the condition gets very severe, they bring the patient here. You are blessed that you have a well educated daughter in law " The doctor said to Rajiv's mom.

" She is three months pregnant " Rajiv's mom said happily to the doctor.

Oh fuck.

" Really! " The doctor said adjusting her spectacles.

I just nodded and smiled.

" You should get a check up done Prerna,your weight seems low,just the BP or the blood test. " Rajiv's mom said looking at me.

Why Lord why!

" That won't be necessary Aunty. All my check up reports are in Bangalore. " I said.