Chapter 30

Miles' POV

I'm back in the darkness, this seems very familiar.

I hear everything everyone says, and I tear up. They mean so much to me, I don't want to leave them.

I just sit and wait for this to be over. I want to wake up now.

I see the bright light in the distance, meaning Selene is back. This time she is alone, Ryan not being present. I'm kind of sad about this but I know whatever she has to say is important.

Selene walks up to me and puts her hands in mine. She explains what's going on, "This has to happen, you had to talk to me again. This is very important for the future of the werewolf species."

I nod along, very serious. She smiles lightly at me, proud that I'm so serious about this topic.

"I'm gifting you with the power of life. You will be the first male werewolf with this power, and if all goes well, others will have it too. Good luck," she states before fading away, leaving me in a state of confusion.

'Power of life?' What does that mean?

I don't have long to think about because I'm soon waking up, seeing the darkness fade away until I'm looking at the back of my eyelids.

I feel a hand holding mine, and if the sparks are any indication, it's Calvin.

I'm unable to move, but I try to move my hand. My hand twitches, showing that I'm waking up. I hear Calvin's encouraging words, "Come on, wake up for me little rabbit, you can do it."

I'm finally able to open my eyes and see Calvin's tear stained face staring back at me. A relieved smile spreads across his face, his straight white teeth shining at me.

"I'm so glad you're awake, it's been a long three days," Calvin says exasperatedly.

"Three days?" I exclaim, surprised I've been out that long.

"Yea, for a while there we thought you weren't going to make it. You gave us quite a scare," his face changes to one of worry and sadness. "How are you feeling?"

"My back is sore and my entire body hurts," I state, finally taking notice of the discomfort running through my body.

"That's because the wolfsbane entered your bloodstream and spread throughout your body. It almost reached your heart."

"...Well that's scary," I say kind of calmly. It's easier to be calm since I didn't witness it happen.

"Hell yea it's scary! I'm surprised you aren't freaking out," Calvin says looking at me weirdly. "Did the Moon Goddess talk to you again?"

I nod my head yes and explain what happened, "Now that you mention it, yes she did. She said she is gifting me with the power of life, and I don't know what it means. She says if the trial goes well, it means she will give it to other werewolves."

"Well we will figure it out when the time comes, I just want to spend all my time with you right now," he says before pulling me into a quick kiss.

After he pulls away, I hug him. I put all my love into the hug, so happy that he is here for me. He hugs back with the same love, but is very careful to avoid my injured back.

This is everything I need.