Chapter twenty nine

Ryders PoV

The drive to the hospital felt like one of the longest drives of my life. Once I told Tal we needed to go, we were in the car within seconds and it's been radio silence since. The car was filled with tension, I noticed it and and so did Talia.

She also must have noticed my nervous shuffles and heavy breath because she put her hand on top of mine that was resting on the gearstick and gave it a slight squeeze

How could the night have went from great to disastrous. Sean's my best friend, he's like a brother to me and has been since day one if anything happened him I would know what I'd do.

Your also the reason he was even driving in that direction, a voice in the back of my head told me

"Your fading away on me" Talia says looking in my direction "and don't think I don't know what you're thinking, what happened isn't your fault"

"How do you do that?" I ask and she raises a questioning eyebrow "know what I'm thinking"

She shrugs "you'd be the same with me"

When I turn in to the entrance of the hospital Talia speaks again "stop at the door, you head in I'll park"

I nod "thank you Tal"

Five minutes later a nurse not much older than me has directed me to Seans room "before you go in you should probably know that he's not looking his best. It's going to be at least days before he wakes up and all that can be done for him is monitoring. I'm the rehabilitation nurse so I'll only really come in then "

I nod "thank you"

She gives me a small smile "for what it's worth,
I hope your friend will be ok. If you need anything just ask for me, Molly Greene"

With one last nod and smile I walk into Seans room and notice he's covered in cuts and bruises with monitors connected to him from all angles.

"Talia's on her way in" I say as I sit on the chair beside his bed "the nurse told me that it's most likely going to be days before you wake up" A small smile makes its way to my face "I don't know if you can hear me but you need to wake up, your nurse is definitely your type and you don't want to miss your chance"

Just the the door opens and 'my type' walks in "how is he?" She asks leaning up against the window on the other side of the room

"He should wake up in a few days so that's good but until then we won't really know too much"

She nods and looks at me with her 'but how are you' look

"Tal I'm fine" I say and she raises a questioning eyebrow "I just needed to see him, make sure he was going to be fine and..." I trail off

"And that it wasn't your fault?" She finishes the sentence "because I already you it's not"

"But he was driving that way because of me"

"Blame me then because you said it because of me" when I don't say anything she let's out a breath and walks towards me "see you won't blame me, so you can't blame yourself"

"Now if you want something fun to do....." Talia smirks

——————————

Talia's PoV

It's been two weeks since Seans accident. Unfortunately there hasn't been a change in his condition which also means we don't know the extent, if any to his injuries. Ryder and I decided to hold off on the whole 'telling' everyone, mainly people at school about the pregnancy because we wanted Sean to know before them however long that took.