21

A week had passed since the Cullen's learned about the new born Riley, to say everyone was on high alert was an understatement. Not only were the Cullen's watching out for Bella but now as well for Y/n.

At school the young Call would find Jasper or Emmett close by her, when waiting for her ride home they would patiently sit in their cars until they arrived for the girl. Outside of school the girl would be around either of the pack members, never out of sight.

She grew beyond agitated with having someone breath down her neck. Angela had phoned her one afternoon asking if she wanted to go shopping in Port Angeles before finals week but the h/c girl had to decline due to Embry not being around and half the pack claiming it would be dangerous if she went out in public. With a huff she sat all afternoon in her bedroom with Jared and Paul occasionally stopping by to check in on her. If she were to be out in public it would be with Embry and Quil; never one, always both.

Sure she loved spending time with Embry and Quil but the boys would never let her step more than five feet away from them. One day Tiffany had asked the trio to buy groceries when they arrived they hauled the shopping cart into one isle, though Y/n spotted a bright pink balloon and a small girl beside it. The young girl was having trouble untying it from the rest of the other balloons, Y/n was the only person around so she decided to help the younger girl, smiling brightly as she thanked her and ran off to her mother.

Meanwhile the boys stood contemplating on which soup Tiffany wanted, the list not specifying the kind, they turned to ask Y/n what she preferred. They began to panic when the girl was no were in sight, calling out to her frantically. She appeared holding a bag of chips and a balloon, one just like the young girl had trouble accessing. The boys were quick to scold her for walking away without their knowledge but the girl simply rolled her e/c orbs.

. . . ✿ . . .

It was Wednesday afternoon when Y/n laid face down on Bella's bed, the pack had allowed her to visit her friend as long as she didn't leave elsewhere and Charlie was home. The Call girl had to comply knowing it was the only way she could get out of her own house for a while.

"Does this look good with these shoes?" Bella asked, stepping into the room with one shoe on. "I'd wear heals but I'd simply fall on the stage."

Y/n let out a small snort, "yeah, I can actually picture that."

Bella rolled her eyes, throwing herself onto the bed besides Y/n. "You didn't answer my question."

"I guess they look nice but what's the point if the gown will cover our outfits." Y/n sat up.

"I know but-" Bella began only to get cut off by the h/c girl.

"Alice is going to dress you, don't stress it Bel's." Y/n shrugged.

"Don't stress it?" Bella exclaimed. "How are you not stressing? We are literally graduating in like two days."

"I don't know." Y/n shrugged, again. "I'm not really excited, I kind of just wanted to get it over with."

"What?" Bella furrowed her brows, watching Y/n as if she grew an extra head. "No way, last week you literally knocked gravy onto Mike's pants when Angela brought up graduation; you were beyond excited and kept humming the ceremony song nonstop."

"Well, people change." Y/n stated sarcastically.

"Not that quickly. What's going on, Y/n/n?" Bella removed her one shoe and sat comfortably on her bed.

"Remember prom and how everyone freaked out about Riley? Well, the guys are all over me. I get they want to protect me but it's so annoying sometimes." Y/n groaned out.

"Tell me about it." Bella mumbled. "Look, as annoying as it is I would do the same for Edward and Jake. Tell me you wouldn't do it for Quil or Embry."

"Well, yes, I would." Y/n said without hesitation. "But come on they literally stand outside the bathroom door when I'm in there." Y/n admitted causing Bella to laugh. "It's not funny."

"It is a little." Bella motioned a pinch with her hand.

"No, I was going to bed last night and Quil had the audacity to say that the only way I'd be safe was if he climbed into bed with me." Bella simply let out a laugh at Y/n's pout.

"Stop laughing." Y/n kicked the brunette lightly.

"Ok, ok. I need to tell you something." The Swan girl grew serious, though a ghost of a smile was still on her face. "I, umm, I've decided to change."

"Huh?" Y/n asked confused.

"I'm going to become like Edward. A vampire." Bella smiled a small smile, not knowing what Y/n's reaction will be.

"Oh." The girl replied, she had not expected Bella to change for him, not so soon at least. Cleaning her throat she continued, "I accept whatever decision you make, Bels."

Bella smiled wider, throwing her arms around the h/c girl. Y/n gladly returned the hug, "when?"

Pulling away Bella answered, "after graduation."

Y/n nodded her head, "you do know that's a huge step, right? It's not just moving in with your boyfriend and his family. It's- It's changing yourself, your lifestyle."

"I know." Bella acknowledged. "But I'm ready."

Y/n gave her friend a smile before she began to laugh uncontrollably, "good luck dropping that bomb on Jacob."

Bella groaned, falling back onto her bed as Y/n continued to laugh.