28

"How long?" Edward called out, adjusting the bleeding girl in his arms.

"Maybe ten?" Alice proposed.

Quil had let out a whimper upon seeing his imprint bleeding, he turned to find Seth limping their way. He let out a snarl, nearly pouncing on him if it weren't for Sam ordering him to not do so.

"Pack needs to leave." He moved so that Carlisle can take a look at the damage that was done. "The Volturi won't honor our truce with the werewolves."

"So do we, I can't let her bleed to death." Carlisle stated, tearing off a piece of cloth from his own shirt in order to stop the bleeding. "Especially not before the venom kicks in. I need medical supplies."

A newborn emerged from behind the group, Leah being the closest decided to take the newborn male on. "Leah, don't." Edward pleaded.

The newborn had jumped on Leah's back, wrapping his arms around her as a way to crush her. But Jacob was quick on his feet and knocked him off of her, before any of them knew what was happening Jacob let out a cry. The newborn was sinking his teeth into him.

The rest of the pack decided to destroy him, watching as Jacob fell into his human form. The boy was rocking himself, feeling the pain and burn on his side.

"Esme stay with her." Carlisle called out, speeding his way towards the injured shapeshifter.

"Hold on, Carlisle's going to take care of you." Edward assured.

"The bones on the right half of his body are shattered." Carlisle stated, watching as the rest of the pack appeared in human form.

Quil worried for the sake of his friend, patted Jared on the back before rushing to kneel down besides Esme and Y/n. Embry had followed him as well, his hands tugging at his hair.

"Y/n?" Quil whispered, but she simply stared at the sky, allowing her tears to fall at the side of her head. "Hey, I'm here."

"Quil," Esme whispered. "The venom, it should have affected her by now."

Carlisle allowed the pack to carry Jacob away before returning to Y/n's side, "Quil, I need you to take her to Billy's ask him to stop the bleeding and keep her still. I'll be there as soon as I can."

. . . ✿ . . .

Carlisle had entered the Black home, he watched as the group of shifters watched his every move. "Who do I check on first?" He asked Billy.

"Y/n. I managed to calm Jacob down with some remedies, but the girl was bit." Billy said, leading him to a bedroom. "She was bit, but nothing has happened."

"The venom might not kick in," Carlisle admitted, setting his supplies on a table near the bed. He frowned when he noticed the girl paler than she usually was. "It might have to do with her being half-nymph. Her blood might be fighting the venom." He said, checking on the wound.

"So, she'll be alright?" Quil asked, making his way inside the room.

"I told you to wait outside." Billy scolded, watching as Embry ran away from behind him.

"It's alright, Billy." Carlisle assured. "Yes, she will be alright." He took her hand, examining how her fingertips were covered in soot. "She just needs to rest. Billy, if it's alright with you I'd like you to check in with me every hour on how both of them are doing."

"Yes, of course." Billy agreed, walking him out of the room and into a room where his own injured son laid.

Quil moved to stand on the side of the bed where Y/n was resting, he brought a chair near her and decided to lay his head on the bed. He felt his eyes grow heavy, taking her hand in his he allowed sleep to overcome his body.

"Hmm, Y-y/n." Quil moaned. The girl was straddling him, nipping at his neck. He felt her smirk but then he let out a small wince when she sucked a bit too hard.

"Y/n, not too hard." He laughed nervously. He felt her bite down, harder than before. Letting out a sharp gasp, he nearly shouted, "Y/n/n, what the hell?"

Pushing the girl off, he placed his hand where her lips had previously been; pulling it back into view and watching as his own blood trickled down from his fingers and into his bed sheets.

He furrowed his brows, "why did you do that?" He asked the girl but that wasn't his girl, not the one he fell in love with. The e/c eyes that once shined with light were replaced with the color of blood, her skin looked pale, so pale he was worried she was freezing to death.

What shocked him more was the figure standing at the foot of his bed. Quil couldn't make out his face properly but it was evident he was sporting a smirk and the same eye color as the girl. He watched as he whispered something to Y/n, Quil couldn't hear though he should have been able to. He glared as the figure stepped closer, the side of his face revealing himself. The face he had grown to hate in a short span of time.

Y/n nodded her head in repose, climbing and straddling the bleeding boy. Before Quil could question her, she had sunk sharp teeth into his neck. The boy heard himself scream and felt his body fall limp.

Quil woke up nearly falling out of the chair, sending the girl a glance and letting out a breath when he noticed she was here with him. Not him.

He soon realized it was dark outside, he heard the television playing softly in the living room. Rubbing his eyes he stood and began to make his way out of the room, stopping when he heard a low groan come from the girl.

He walked back, pushing her soft locks out of her face. Her brows scrunched lightly, she allowed her eyes to reveal themselves slowly. She was confused as to where she was, Quil moved in her range of view. "Qui-" She attempted to speak, resulting in a coughing fit.

"Hey, hey. I'm here." He told her, handing her a glass of water. "Slowly." He chuckled watching as she chugged the liquid.

"Where are we?" Y/n asked sitting up, a groan escaping her lips as she did. "Is everyone okay? Are you?"

"We're at Jake's house. I think we are just tired, Jacob was hurt but I heard he's going to be fine." Quil updated the girl, Y/n nodded her head softly with a frown.

"What about you?" She watched as he began to pace near the bed.

Letting out a heavy sigh he shook his head lightly, "I don't know. Physically, I'm fine. But, mentally? Y/n/n, I thought you were going to die." He moved to take a seat on the bed, tears falling onto his russet cheeks.

He allowed her to brush them away before stopping her and bringing both of her hands to his lips. "I thought I was going to lose you. That scared me more than walking out there and actually fighting. I love you." He said leaning his head in and quickly pecking her lips. "I love you like the stars above. I'll love you till I die."

"Did you just quote Dire Straits?" She giggled.

"Maybe." He grinned, smiling lightly as he heard her giggles echo through the room. "Now, shut up and kiss me."

"Yes, Romeo." She whispered.