𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑

It was midwinter when she first heard he died

The hard powdery snow crumpled beneath her feet as her lungs became drunk on the icy air that seemed to pierce her lungs dry. It was another cold Winter evening, where the streets looked lonely and the moon was beginning to sing its lullabies to the sleepy sun. It was cold, so cold without him.

What felt like a few seconds had become a few years. Itachi had left that night. For whatever reason he had, she would never know. It was almost ironic, she was his closest yet it seemed as though she never understood him. She sometimes wondered if her naive teenage self met him at a wrong time, in a wrong place. If she had forced him to open the door, slam it down and break the lock with her bare hands, would things be different?

The female bitterly laughed as her hands buried itself beneath the snow, letting the cold to bite her fingers until it was numb. She told herself that she'd forget him, she'd move on, she'd be happy without him but the past never really goes away, does it? When her skin to her bones were weeping each passing second, and when her heart screeched and pulsated through her veins like fire engulfing her soul, the feelings never ended.

It lingered in her dying flower field. The roses, sunflowers, tulips, daises, everything had begun to wither and rot, and perhaps, it had died along with his fleeting soul. She clenched her fingers as her feet took her to the flower fields where she first met him during midsummer. It didn't look the same when the snow blanketed the once evergreen grass, but the memories were still alive.

It crept into her bloodstream, the memories pulsating and throbbing into her soul. It became difficult to breathe when she was too caught up; longing for the touch of his flowers to bloom and to wrap its roots around her rib cage, until he could never pull her apart again. She hadn't cried since the night she shared with Itachi, but when the realisation pierced her soul and ruptured her into shreds, the tears couldn't stop.

Itachi was her midsummer dream,
and she did not dare to wake up.

𝐄𝐍𝐃