Chapter 6. || Splits And Smashes||

At the end of the school day, I had finally come to one conclusion; if I thought Blake Johnson hated me in the morning, I was wrong. So very wrong.

Blake didn't hate me, he despised me and it all started with a few splits by the bleachers after school. Here in this little town in the heart of Texas, football was everything, if you didn't like or appreciate the sport, you had just dug yourself a literal shallow grave with your own hands.

And that's why if you were a student here that didn't like football, you were instantly unpopular. Girls, namely like me joined the cheerleaders to support the boys because if we didn't, a drastic ostracization would take place. If being yelled at by Amanda every day after school during practice was the price for popularity, we all gladly took it.

"Look sharp, girls," Amanda snapped, placing her right hand on her hip and stretching the left arm towards her right foot in a fluid motion that made it seem like what she was doing was actually pretty easy. "You're slouching, Melanie."

Poor, tiny Melanie gave a tiny nod and a pitiful whimper before trying to get back into the correct practice position. We were currently trying out a squad position and I was secretly glad when Amanda had assigned me as one of the three supposed to just stay at the front and split with wide smiles.

Split. Look sexy. Smile.

We were in the middle of that and I could hear most of the girls at the back of the formation groan in pain. I couldn't blame them though, Amanda had put us to this for close to two hours now, under the influence of the low burn of the Texas heat on the football field and we were exhausted.

Relief came in form of the big, burly guys that were headed our way, the reasons we were out here. Our boys, the football players. Amanda wiped the sweat off her brows and tied up her honey, blonde hair into a loose ponytail.

She waved heartily at the guys while I noticed how they all shot her perverted looks at how hot she looked in the short jean shorts and blue, spandex top. Her boyfriend, Darren, our football captain, typically, was still dressed in his full football gear making him look bigger than the rest of the guys.

He removed his helmet to show his low cut, curly hair and coffee brown skin which always seemed to glow and I swooned. Darren was so hot, he deserved to have a highly flammable warning around his neck.

"Babe," he greeted Amanda, placing a large arm on her shoulder and hugging her, the other guys had scattered to start flirting with the cheerleaders while I was left still pondering on the mystery of why jocks and cheerleaders must always go together.

"You're dismissed, girls," Amanda called out, reaching up to touch her boyfriend's beautiful hair and completely ignoring us all. Those two were so in love that it sometimes made us all sick to watch them.

I sounded bitter, thinking about it, I probably was. I had my own fair share of guys but never what I wanted. To be fair, what I wanted was currently owned by Amanda.

"Ruby! Ruby! Ruby!" Molly kept calling as we crossed the field and walked to the locker room, I was still mad at her for being the reason for my stupid move earlier today and I hadn't had the time to let her know how pissed I was yet.

"What do you want, Molls?"

She caught up with me and was now pulling off her pink tank top to reveal a black bra top underneath, it was all probably to call the attention of the jocks.

Dirty Deals With The DevilOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara