Chapter 9

Celia's P.O.V

As I was brought out of my sleep I stretched like a cat across my bed then dug my face into my pillow. There was a heavy sound of rain hitting against the roof and the sound of thunder made me jump. I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and looking out the window. Water droplets stuck to the glass which clearly indicated that it was raining outside, pouring heavily down from the grey sky.

Getting up I put my glasses on like usual then got ready. I got into some comfy jeans, fuzzy socks, and a white sweater that had a graphic of a cat laying down with the words 'over thinking and also hungry' underneath it. I did my hair in two simple braids then left my room. There was chatting downstairs and when I went into the kitchen everyone was standing around talking. What really got my attention though was all the food sprawled out all over the counter. Anything and everything from junk food to candy, it was all there.

"Celia!" Jasmine came up to me and grabbed my hand, "You came down just in time."

"What's going on? Are we preparing for the apocalypse?" I ask as Jasmine pulls me over to everyone else.

Cora snickered at my question, "Basically."

"No!" James pouted, "We are having a movie day!"

"Movie day?" I ask.

Noah shrugged, "It's raining so we obviously can't doing anything outside."

Everyone was around the counter buzzing with talk but I noticed Carter was leaning against a wall a little away from the others. He was staring off into space until our eyes met, a small smirk across his lips that was directed towards me. I was paralyzed for a moment as I remembered what happened last night then turned my attention back to the group.

Noah looked over at Carter then back at me, "Have you met my brother Carter?"

I nodded quickly, "We've talked a couple of times."

"Do whatever you guys want, I'm leaving." Carter huffed out, grabbing a set of car keys and leaving.

Daniel shook his head as Carter left then started grabbing some of the food off of the counter, "Let's take all of this with us."

Everyone filled their arms full of food and we all took it down into the living room. When we found places to put all of the food down Jasmine pulled me over to where the all of the movies were, pulling out a big black binder and opening it up on the carpet. All of the movies were organized alphabetically, each disc tucking into their own pockets in the sheets of the binder.

"You should pick first Celia." Jasmine told me.

I nodded, grabbing the edge of the binder to pull it closer to me, "Okay."

Together we flipped through the movies when I noticed something strange on Jasmine's neck. Since she was wearing a tank top and her hair was up in a high pony tail her shoulders were exposed. Right where her shoulder met her neck something iridescent shined in the lights from the room.

"Whoa..." I said in awe of the beautiful color.

Jasmine looked at me, "What is it?"

"That's a really pretty tattoo."

She quirked an eyebrow looking totally confused, "Tattoo?"

"On your shoulder." I pointed to it.

"What-oh!" She touched it, realizing what I was talking about, "That's not a tattoo, that's my mark."

"What's a mark?"

"Yeah. So you know how Daniel is my mate right?"

Looking over my shoulder behind me Daniel sat on one of the couches, overhearing our conversation and giving me a friendly smile. Then I turned my attention back to Jasmine to give her a nod.