There's a Merman in My Bathtub!

I remember coming home one day to see that our wooden stairs had been transformed into a flowing waterfall, leading a trail all the way to the front door. But this didn't capture my attention as much as the splashing sounds from the bathroom did.

Now ordinarily, you'd think my main concern would be to sort out the problem with the flowing water before my house turns into an indoor swimming pool, but no, it was the fact that no one should be home.

Creeping up the steps was the hardest part, instead of being the ninja I thought I was, I became a clumpy troll sloshing in the water beneath me. The splashing stopped as soon as I reached the top, and as I leant against the bathroom door, I could hear the heavy breathing belonging to the person inside.

With a shove of the shoulder, I forced the door against the oncoming wave, and there he was sitting in the tub. Not a care in the world.

"What the hell are you doing!"

The creature turned to face me, his sharp fangs poking out of his smile, and waved his long talons at me.

"I just wanted to take a bath"

Not the response I really wanted, since it's not everyday you find a merman in your bathtub. His grey tail dangled over the side, splashing in the water covering the tiles. He continued to rub what looked like my mothers shower gel over his scarred scales whilst I stood there in frustration.

"At least turn the tap off next time"

Again, a normal human being would probably have screamed or tried to force the creature out of the room, but what was the point of that? If I let him have his bath time, he can leave soon after and never come back. It didn't help that I was exhausted either, so I just left him there. But before I did, I made sure the merman knew his place.

"And bloody clean up when you're done!"