The Little Door

Doors have been around since the first century and have been evolving for a while now. We have doors that open and close by themselves and doors that lock without a key. We also have doors that we don't see, doors that hide from our vision. Just like the one Anna discovered.

The door was always there, she just didn't notice it. She was too preoccupied by her son who was fascinated with exploring the house. But one day, he went missing. That's how she found the door, on her frantic search for her son. It wasn't locked when she approached it, and a cool breeze flew from it. Anna believed he was beyond that door. It was almost like she could hear him calling for her.

It was a child sized door, so Anna had to crawl to get through it. She clambered through a tunnel of cobwebs, did her son really come through here? When she made it all the way, Anna got a strange feeling of familiarity.

The room she was in was identical to the one she left. The air was cold here, cold and eerie. Anna wanted to leave, but when she turned around, the little door was locked. She clawed at its edges, but it was no use. Anna was trapped in a home that looked like hers, but wasn't.

She was left with a hunger. A hunger for children. It was imprinted in her brain as soon as she arrived. The little door wasn't just a door, but an entity. It needed children's souls to survive, and by keeping Anna there, meant it could have a steady flow of lives travelling through, just like she did. All Anna had to do was lure the children in, promising them that all their dreams would come true.

Anna forgot all about her son that day, instead she became a puppet to the little door. But why did the door need children? Perhaps it's because children are curious, and would discover the door very easily. Just like Anna's son did. We don't talk about him anymore. He was the first victim after all.