Chapter 12

On reaching the mall, George and his secretary visited many jewellery shops. But none of them satisfied 'The Great George Greywood'.

"How about this one?", Katherine asked, gesturing at a blue diamond ring. George made a face and said, "The diamond is too small."

'What does he want?', Katherine thought as she was being annoyed by just roaming around the mall.

"How about you tell us, what do you have in your mind?", the jeweller asked. 

"Huh?", George turned to the man, "It's not here, I guess."

"You can always customize it, sir", the man suggested

George's eyes brighten, "Really?", the man nodded and Katherine asked, "How much it will cost?"

"It depends", the man stated.

"Alright, I'll give you the details", George said with a big smile. As George gave the details of the ring he wanted to the jeweller, Katherine waited at the door and sighed.

When George was finished, Katherine opened the door and motioned the brunet to leave. As George walked outside, the blonde followed him.

"Whom is the ring for?", Katherine asked with a straight face. George smiled and replied, "Someone special".

"Oh", Katherine nodded lightly and continued walking to the walking area.

"The ring will arrive tomorrow", George informed.

"But, how come they can make it this fast?", Katherine asked in disbelief.

George chuckled, "I'll will pay them double." Saying this, he sat inside the car and fasten his seat belt. Katherine did the same.

Next day, Katherine went to pick the customized ring. As she entered the shop, the same shopkeeper smiled at her.

"Are you Ms. Katherine?", the jeweller asked.

"Yes, Mr. Greywood has sent me to pick the ring", she affirmed.

The man then took out a little velvet box and opened it to reveal a platinum ring with a bright red diamond on it.

"Mr. George asked me to check if the ring fits you,Miss", the jeweller notified.

"Me?", Katherine blushed, "Okay, I'll try."

When Katherine tried the ring, it fitted perfectly and looked beautiful on her finger. She carefully took it off and placed it back.

"It fits", Katherine informed and paid the bill.

'It's too expensive! I must protect it with my life!', Katherine told herself. 'But, if the ring is for me, then George won't be angry, right?'

'Stop daydreaming!', she told herself. 'Must focus.'

Katherine succeeded in delivering the ring to her boss, George Greywood.

"Did you like the ring?", he asked opening the small box.

"Yes", the blonde replied with a blush.

"Good", George stated as he put the box in his special drawer. "Let's get going for lunch."

"Oh....Okay", Katherine said and held the door open for her boss.

"I'd like us to eat at my place today", George stated. "My mother will be there too."

'Mother?', Katherine pondered, 'What's that supposed to....? Wait!'

Katherine shook her head to stop herself from thinking too much. 'No, it can't be.'

"Are you alright?", George asked.

"Yeah .... I'm alright", Katherine replied nervously.

At the Greywood Manor, George and Katherine sat on the large dining table with Mrs. Greywood.

"George dear, I heard you are planning to get married?", Mrs. Greywood asked with a smile.

George chuckled, "You heard it right, mom."

"So, who's the lucky girl? Do I know her?", the dark haired woman asked.

Katherine glanced at George to get a hint, but George kept looking at his food.

"It will be a surprise, mom", he said with a smile. his mother also smiled back and said, "Then, I can't wait for you to surprise me."

Katherine ate the food in silence as George and his mother talked about their own stuffs. When the lunch was finished, the young CEO and his secretary excused themselves.

"Are you really going keep to keep it a secret?", Katherine asked during the ride.

"Yes", George nodded with his usual smile. Katherine scowled, "What if you proposed the girl and she rejects you?"

George stepped on the brakes to halt the car. "Do you think i'm going to propose a girl without knowing her affection for me?"

"Oh", Katherine said in a low voice, "We should get going." George smirked and ignited the engine to drive off.

"Long time no see Kat!", Dennis remarked as a tired Katherine came to join their table.

"Don't ask, I've a tiresome job", she said with a sigh.

"We ordered your usual", Ed informed the blonde girl who nodded.

When everyone got engaged in conversation, Katherine poked on Ed's shoulder.

"What's up?", he asked.

"I've got to tell you something", she whispered.

Ed leaned slightly closer to her and asked, "What?"

"You know, Mr. George Greywood bought a ring the other day", she muttered, "He is going to propose someone."

"Who do you think it'd be for?", Ed asked in a hushed voice.

"No idea", Katherine scowled then said in a low voice, "But the ring was of my size."

Ed gasped and asked, "Does that mean he is going to propose you?"

"No way!", Katherine said out loud and got some attention towards herself.

"What are you two secretly talking about?", Steven asked sipping his drink.

"Could it be you both are hitting on each other?", Terra asked with a crazy smile.

Julia face palmed whereas Maria laughed, "Oh my God! Ed is cheating on me."

Ed also laughed at this, "Sorry dear, I didn't know you would be offended."

As they all began their lame jokes again, Katherine was grateful that they forgot what she was talking about with Ed. Soon, their orders arrived and they took photos and selfies.

After eating the dinner, Katherine headed back home. It was a tiring night but Katherine was glad to enjoy it with her dumb friends.  

A/n: Votes and Comments are appreciated.