Chapter Two

Chapter Two | Happiness or Illusions?

"Damn. Why did I have to get so angry?"

Manik could only think and curse himself as he stared at his table in annoyance. It was a mess in every sense - files thrown upside down, open and closed with stationery scattered all over and his phone? Yes, Manik did own one but there was no sign of it at the moment.

He was going crazy, realising how bad of a decision it was to shout at Stella yesterday. Like what was he even thinking?

He had managed to pass yesterday but how in the hell was he supposed to manage today without his secretary? And as if his messed up table was not enough to drive him crazy, his schedule was an all together an another story. He had missed his black coffee which Stella makes sure to drop at his table at time and then, he had to pick up every damn phone call she took each day to manage his schedule.

Manik wished he could have been a bit smart but nevertheless what was done was done.

"Now, where did I keep this file?" He was almost on the verge of pulling out his own hair in frustration when out of nowhere the file he needed came in his view.

His eyes shined and he let out a sigh of relief but it only lasted for a few seconds because holding it was none other than Nandini. Of course. Who else other than her?

Nandini had a teasing smile on her face as Manik sat back on his chair and turned away his face. "Why are you here, Ms. Murty?" He tried to make it sound as professional as he could but when Nandini shook her head at his childish behaviour, he frowned. "Are you here to make fun of me? You know what, I really really hate you."

With that he snatched the file from her hand, opened it and pretended to read the content.

Nandini only let out a laugh in response. "Why are you so messed up, Manik?" She asked.

Manik frowned, shrugging and she shifted closer to ruffle his hair making him pout in return. "I am angry." He reminded her with a side eye.

"Yes, I know." She smiled. "That's why I am here."

And a small smile crept on his face as she helped around cleaning his table for him. Anger now long forgotten, Manik didn't even realise when she broke into his heart, and managed to make to smile so easily.

 Anger now long forgotten, Manik didn't even realise when she broke into his heart, and managed to make to smile so easily