Chapter Three

Chapter Three | Happiness wrapped in a bubble named Illusion.

(Trigger warning - Violence, and Sexual Harresment )

"Pack this, this and this and this too!"

"Manik?"

"This one also, and that silver one? Pack that too."  Manik smiled at the lady behind the counter.

"Manik."

Nandini called out sternly this time and Manik turned to her finally.

"What?" He had the audacity to ask.

"What are you doing?" Nandini gritted her teeth in anger making him shake his head in disbelief.

"I am shopping." As if it wasn't obvious?

Nandini shook her head in dismay. "For?"

"For you idiot." Manik replied casually, "You are in Mumbai with me, so I am getting you something."

"Manik! We are here for Aliya, not me!" Nandini almost whisper yelled as the man in front of her stared at her a second before a frown adored his face.

"Why would I choose for her?"

There, Nandini almost gaped at him while standing in the middle of the store. What did he even mean by why would he choose for her?

Seeing her reaction, Manik looked surprised, "Wait - Don't tell me you thought I was going to choose a present for her?"

"It should be obvious, Manik."

He laughed. He laughed. Manik was really testing her patience at the moment. "Nandini, You do know how bad I am at this, right? I shop for you because everything looks good on you and you like my choice but Aliya - she is picky with all the diamonds and all. She won't like what I will choose for her. So, I can't do that."

Manik must have thought his little speech would move Nandini but all Nandini did was stare at him in disbelief.

"Are you getting her this gift or am I?" She asked, now completely pissed off at him.

"Why do you have to stare at me like that!" He complained but nevertheless answered. "Anyways, this gift is from both of us and how does it even matter if you choose or I do? Isn't that the same thing?" He paused for a moment, seeing her face. "Okay fine, this isn't helping me. Nandini -"

"Ayyappa! You can't be serious, Manik! I am so done with you. Shop on your own!"

With that, Nandini was storming away while Manik let out a dramatic sigh.

"And I don't like that golden bracelet you choose for me. It is tacky!" She almost shouted making him roll his eyes.

He had seen her eyeing it. She clearly liked it.