Chapter 6

Somehow Stephanie got lost. Yes, what a surprise. 

She had no idea where she was. Probably in front of some convenience store. She could not read it's name. Her vision was a little off. It was going out of focus and kept getting blurry.

Every inch of her body ached.The beatings had become harsher as she grew up and she didn't know if she could last long. She thought that she would be able to bear it all once she became an adult. Here she was a 20 years old and a senior in college and still in pain.

Her phone had switched off and she had no strength left to find Marilene's place. Heck, she didn't even know where she was.  

She had her left hand pressing against her ribs. They ached a lot. Blood had started to seep out of the wound in her head and she had lost a considerable amount of blood. Her head felt light and painful. She could not stand straight. Her body felt as if it was swimming in an ocean full of pain and nausea. Oh! And to add it to her list of Agonies Of The Day, her body was also burning up in fever.

She needed Marilene. Marilene always knew what to do whenever Stephanie went through these moments.

Stephanie started to limp away from the store just in case people noticed her state. Her head and face was covered by the hood of the jacket. But anyone from a distance would notice the way she held her body. She was weak and struggling to stay upright. Gravity was definitely doing it's work fine. She laughed at the thought but stopped immediately when it hurt her chest more.

As she was dragging herself to nowhere in particular the ground started to spin gradually faster. 

Not the merry go round again!

Her world seemed to topple over her. Her eyes could not see anything in particular but colorful splotches here and there. Her nausea increased and she felt like puking. Only there was not much to remove from her body. And those sandwiches had been quite tasty to vomit them out.

With one hand supporting the rib cage she used her good hand to use the wall beside as support. At least this wall seemed to stay put and not go in circles. 

Suddenly she stumbled upon a person and she tripped. She saw in slow motion that she was nearing towards the ground. Then she stopped. She was a few inches from the ground. 

Wow, maybe I can fly...

Then she noticed the person holding her by her stomach. Shivers ran through her body. As she looked at her savior, she realized she needed help immediately. The person looked at her and asked her something. However, Stephanie could not even see whether the person was a male or female, never mind hearing. 

Everything was an annoying buzz to her ears. Maybe there was a bee somewhere. She had a sudden urge to squish the noisy bee in her hands.

That's it. My brain's frying slowly.

She coughed up some blood and the person held her tightly by her stomach and arms.It hurt her but she was too weak to even wince. Judging by the strong arms and smell of fresh cologne, she guessed it was a man. She hoped he was safe to be around and was not the police.

As if she had a choice. 

The muscular feel and a buzz of deep voice in her ears convinced her that it was a man. 

Stephanie strangely felt grateful that the person was not a woman. She had extreme trust issues with women she didn't know or hated. Had a woman seen her that way the miss would have probably screamed to the nearby people for help and police. 

Stephanie weakly lifted her face and looked at him. Even if his face was as close as it could get, she could not distinguish his features. His breath smelled of something sweet. Like chocolate. And she loved chocolate.

No keep your bad jokes to yourself. 

Blood slowly dripped down her cheeks. She didn't understand what was the problem. She had enough blood to last for another lifetime but why did she feel her weakness and nausea was because she had lost a little too much blood. This was so nonsensical.

Stephanie whispered to the man.

"Don't call an ambulance or the police. I beg of you."

Then she flashed a grin and fainted in the man's arms. 

*****

A/N:

If you want to help Stephanie than please vote, it will give her energy! ^^

Okay this was a bit short but it will go longer in the future chapters.Do I need to improve on something? Please put it in the comments.

It means a lot to me!