Chapter 50

*****

A/N :

So this is a chapter to clarify any confusion about Troy's role. I didn't make it suspicious!  Also if you are confused any part in the story just comment it at the end.. I'll clear it for you! Thank you!!!

*****

"So that's what you are?", Chris asked. "A two-timer?"

Troy nodded slowly.

"So you're trying to say that you pretend to work under Brandon as an insider for Angela?", Nathan said.

"And also snitch on the guy for Angela and do her work too?", Chris completed.

Troy nodded.

"So you're a spy for both of them", Nathan concluded.

Troy nodded once again.

"And both of them didn't know that?",  Chris asked.

"Yes because I was initially hired by Brandon. I worked as an informant for him. In fact, I was loyal to him until I found out that he killed Stephanie's parents on the basis of greed. That reminded me of myself. I was once greedy too.. Don't worry I didn't kill anyone for that", Troy said.

Nathan egged him to continue.

"Then I approached Mrs.B- I mean Angela and lied to her that Brandon had a plan to kill her. She trusted me faster than lightning and hired me to guard some white folder kept in an old house."

"I used to look out whenever it was possible for me to. Don't forget I had to report to Brandon occasionally too. To him, I was Alex and to Angela, I was Troy. It was simple considering I be careful. And careful I was."

Chris massaged his temple.

This shit is even more confusing than Algebra. And I didn't think that that was even possible!

Troy continued.

"One day, I saw Nathan and a younger boy go towards that old house where the white folder was. Soon I realized it was Stephanie's long gone brother Brain. Not before I saw a man with a gun pointed at him though."

Nathan stiffened. This was the part he was both curious to listen to and yet he didn't want to hear it. He was there when it had happened. And it was his fault that it happened.

"But before I could do anything I saw Brain get a direct head shot. I could not just come out because Nathan could have seen me and I'm not easily forgettable. So I waited."

"I saw Nathan freak out and run away. The guy who shot Brian hurriedly climbed down the building and took the white folder from Brian's dead self. I didn't wait and ran behind that killer."

"What happened?", Nathan asked curiously.

Troy smirked.

"I snapped his neck. Sweet and clean."

Chris made a horrified face. Surely no one expects their school friend to just be proud of snapping necks as if they were made of water. After all, its not common.

Seeing Chris' expression caused Troy's smirk to vanish and he became solemn again.

"Then I stole the white folder from him and went to Brandon. I told him that the previous man he sent was a traitor and that I took care of him. Man, he believed me immediately!"

"Naturally he trusted me even more after that and told me to personally hide that folder somewhere safe. It's probably lying in Stephanie's office room's drawers."

"What did you do for the aunt then?", Nathan inquired.

"Didn't I tell you? My job was to safeguard the folder. I didn't go back to her later. According to her it held some contract signed between her and Brandon. Well, she thought.", Troy explained.

Before Nathan could ask more to satisfy his curiosity Chris interrupted him.

"Why did you do this? You could have died....."

Troy looked at him sheepishly not making an eye-contact.

"Well I had seen you give me that money before you disappeared. My mother lived a year or two extra because of you... I had tried to look for you to repay you but couldn't.  When I heard what Brandon had planned to destroy Stephanie I decided it was my cue to pay my debt to you."

Troy patted Chris on the shoulder.

"I was sorry. Plus I knew she meant the world to you. This was the least I could do to repay you dude. I couldn't save my family, my mother. I wanted to save yours at the least."

Chris felt like hugging him. He had always thought that Troy hated him and used him all those years ago. 

Maybe he changed over time.

Nathan, however, was not bothered to pay attention to their bromance shit. 

" You said Angela thought it was a contract that was contained in the folder. If it was not what she thought then what was it?", he asked.

Troy smirked.

"Oh it was a contract alright! This is the major evidence. That right there is the jackpot!"

***** 

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!!!!!!