Chapter 4

My chest is aching so much. Is this the last day of my life? I know I can die any time but every time this pain gets me, I lose my control. I clench my heart tightly with my hand while my breathing becomes more uneven and rapid. My forehead glows with drops of sweat. I know I can get healthy again after taking my medicine but my feet get freeze after hearing what he was saying. I want to go inside and gulp the whole bottle of my medicine, but I can't. I don't know why but I can't.

Suddenly the door opens and he appears in front of me. He gets confused to see me in front of me.

"Were you eavesdropping, huh? Don't you have any manner?" He yells completely ignoring my condition.

I was still breathing heavily, I want to go inside but he is all in front of the door, blocking my way.

"Please.. g.. give me the way," I say stuttering on my words. My voice comes out like a whisper, I wonder if he can hear it or not.

His facial expression suddenly softens and he glances at me for the first time in worry.

"Oh you are a whole drama queen who is faking pain. Wow, I am impressed." He mocks me before walking past me making me gulp.

There is no way he doesn't know about my condition. Dad has told his father so that's mean he knows it too. Is he this heartless to make fun of my ailment and think I am faking it.

I run inside of the room towards my suitcase. I unzip its front pouch and took out my medicine bottle. I take out a pill on my palm and put it below my tongue swallowing it.

My breathing starts getting normal with chest pain which slowly starts to decrease. I put my hand on my chest relaxing myself.

                           *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I was sitting on the couch in the room deep in my thought. Thank God my pain has gone now. This is the fourth time, a situation like this happen to me. But this time it is the worst one. The first time it happened when my mom died. I was 9 years old then. That was the time when I was diagnosed with angina. My father has always taken care of me. He always tried his best not to make me anxious or worried which can depress my heart. I am missing my dad so much.

I don't realize when a drop of tear left my eyes. Why am I crying? Why am I getting weaker day by day both physically and emotionally?

"Pack up your things quickly, our flight is in 2 hours." I snap out of my thoughts when I hear a deep voice.

I lift my head to see Armaan already packing his stuff in a bag. He was looking at me. He frowned when our eyes met. Maybe he noticed my tears. Oh no, Why am I crying in front of him? Showing him that I am weak.

I quickly wipe my cheeks and nod while standing up. My clothes were already in my suitcase. I just have to remove unnecessary things which I don't need in NewYork from it and put it in another suitcase and I will be done.

                            *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Goodbye!" We wave at Soniya and her father before getting inside the car. Apparently we have to go to NewYork through Raissani's private jet. I glance at Armaan who is busy on his phone maybe with his girlfriend. I shake my head frustratingly at my weird thoughts.

I ignore him and turn my gaze towards the window looking out. We didn't talk a word during the whole time we were in the car. Soon we arrive at the airport.

The airplane was all private only for us. As soon as we get on, an air hostess welcomes us and asks about refreshments.

"Tie your seatbelt already or should I give you an invitation?" Armaan said dryly.

I roll my eyes. He is so full of himself. Snobbish jerk!

I try to tie the seatbelt but I fail miserably. Why is it happening when I am with him. I mumble some cursing words. I don't want to make myself a clown in front of him. He will surely make a fuss out of it and will make fun of me.

"Lean back, I'll do it." I hear him sigh.

He came forward, his face was few inches away from me. My heart started beating faster. What is happening? Stop beating so fast.

He ties it in a second and leans back to his place.

"Thanks," I mumble which he replies with a nod.

The plane was about to take off and I was really scared. Plane travel is never my thing because I always feel suffocating and nauseated. I have a phobia of heights. I close my eyes tightly and grab the seat from the sides.

I notice someone took my hand and intertwine our fingers. That someone is of course Armaan. I open my eyes and glance at him. He is also looking at me. He gives a smile. A genuine smile. The first time I saw him smile, he usually just smirk or doesn't smile at all.

"Are you scared?" He asked.

"Ye_ No, I am not." I instantly cover my blunder with almost shouting my words making him chuckle on my reaction.

"You have acrophobia?" He asked.

Now this is annoying. Can he just shut up? Then I notice my hand which is still in his. I instantly take it from his grip causing him to realize it too as he rubs his nape nervously afterward.

"I have said no so it's not," I say in firm voice folding my arms in front of my chest. He chuckles replace by laughter in response causing me to groan.

                           *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

After many hours of travel, we, at last, reach New York. I am so tired.

New York is really a beautiful city. I once had visited New York with my father when I was 12. He had some business matters to resolve there and he brought me with him too. I had visited many places with him including Times Square, Rockefeller Centre, Statue of liberty. It had me wonder at it in awe. I loved the Empire State building located in Manhattan, NewYork City, one of the tallest buildings in the world. But I really want to visit these places again. They are so mesmerizing which can easily catch your sight and focus on them.

I brought out of my thoughts when Armaan orders me to follow him. There was already a car at the airport waiting for us. We get into the car. So his father sends us here with a full arrangement.

"Where are we going now?" I ask Armaan who was busy with his phone again. Can this guy just leave the phone once?

"My farmhouse," he replies with his eyes still on the mobile's screen. 

Wow he has a farmhouse here. Amazing! I start looking out of the window to catch a glimpse of this beautiful country.

My eyes start to get heavy because of tiredness and lack of sleep. I close my eyes and lean to the back and put my head on the car's back. I just want to relax my eyes but I don't know when I got asleep.

                          *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Hello my dear readers! How are you? I am back with a new chapter for you guys. First of all, I would like to thank all of my readers who read, vote, and wait for this story. You people are my strength and your support motivates me to write more. Again thank you so much.

If you like this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment. ❤️