Chapter 76

Shaiq's POV

"Slap....tck tck tck, " Zainab mumbles as she removes the headphone from her ears.

I stare at her with an amusing expression before sitting beside her on the couch. I lift up my joggers and start slamming a tidy cloth on each of them,  in order to get them clean.

"I have told you this plan will hundred percent work. Zara might have forgiven Armaan for playing with her, but she can't even think about doing this when it concerns her father, " I assert while shoving my feet inside the joggers.

"You are a genius, Shaiq, " Zainab exclaims while patting my shoulder.

I don't say anything as I give her a smile. I still remember what has happened between us the last night but this girl is acting ignorant as she has lost her memory. Perhaps she is doing this to make both of us feel comfortable with each other. I sigh before tying the laces of my joggers.

"Where are you going?" Zainab asks seeing me getting up.

"To console Zara. She may need someone as she won't allow her husband to come near her, " I tell her.

She smirks as she mouths good luck to me.

                *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I quickly walk out of the farmhouse and close the door behind me. I recklessly start strolling towards Zara's house as per their conversations which we have overheard, she is leaving Armaan. This will help me to rescue her. I stop in my track when I see a teary Zara rushing out of her home with a suitcase case in her hand.

She abruptly looks up at me when she bumps into my chest. Her face is all red and swollen right now. Seeing me, her eyes gape open in astonishment.

"Zara, what happens to you?" I ask her.

"Shaiq...he...you...you are right....he...he..played with me....his father killed my Dad," she stutters on her own words as tears start to ooze out of her eyes.

At that time, I feel so apologetic towards her. The way she is sobbing, stuttering, and crying is so heartbreaking. How she tells me everything the moment she sees a familiar face, ascertains the fact that she is so terrified. Though what I have told her isn't all lie since Armaan's father has stooped this low to offend her Dad. She should know about this thing. 

And I don't know how to console her. How to make her stop crying and how to calm her down. I rub my forehead as I look here and there in frustration.

"Zara, listen to...what the heck are you doing here?"

I peek at Zara's back to find Armaan standing there, glaring at me.

"I am her friend. Whenever she needs me due to betrayal by her jerk husband, I will come to her," I assert in a stern voice, returning the glare back to him.

He opens his mouth to say something but soon he stops when he notices his crying wife. I can catch the sight of his fisted hand and clenched jaw which is surely due to him being controlling his rage on me. This is obvious he has got to know that I am well aware of what is the reason for conflict between them. I fold my both arms on my chest in amuse when he grabs Zara's arm and turns her towards himself.

"I haven't done anything, Zara. Believe me, I..."

He gets interrupted when Zara shoves his hand away from her arm.

"Just stop Armaan. Leave me alone, " she yells.

She stares at me for a moment before diverting her attention towards her suitcase. I narrow my eyes in curiosity when she crouches down before it and unzips it harshly. She whirls her hand here and there in its front pocket and after a while, she has a black file in her hand. She sniffles her nose as she stands back and turns towards Armaan.