Chapter 56

Zara's POV

I bend on my knees to remove the tangled bushes tying against my legs and feet. Suddenly, kinks of mud start invading into my eyes. I quickly get myself out of the mesh of bushes and look up at the sky.

The sky is so brown and hazy. I cover my eyes with my hands when the mud intrudes in them like drops of rain. How come it's mud storm, all of the sudden? Due to the slight darkness, the forest is looking so horrifying; on top of all, the never-ending sounds of animals is making me go insane. Why do I even come to this place, out of all?

I rush forward, my hand still covering my eyes when I bump into something solid.

"Are you done with your adventures by now?"

On hearing a familiar voice, I peek through the slits of my fingers. A mitigating sigh leaves my mouth seeing Armaan standing opposite to me. Thank God, he has come back.

"You.." I mumble, not believing in the sight.

He harshly pulls my hands away from my eyes. There is something in his eyes that makes me more scared than the sounds of the wild animals and the mud entering in my eyes. They are red like having blood in them. His face has lost the relaxation and fun from earlier. Now his face is stern and fierce with his lips purse in a thin line.

I try to take my hands out of his but this only leads to him tighten his grip on them.

"W...what happen to you?" I ask stuttering on my own words.

"Answer me!" He yells making me flinch due to how much loud his voice is.

What shall I answer him when I myself don't know the answer. I have been striving to escape him but as soon as he leaves me, it feels like my whole world has turned gloomy and out of purpose. As soon as he leaves me, my heart shows a decisive urge to just go back to him.

"What are you getting by acting like this?" He asks as he shakes my both arms.

"I.."

My words get stuck in my throat as I feel like pulling into his chest. My eyes get wide as he grasps my waist tightly with his hands. Has he just hugged me? At this proximity, I am able to smell his usual cologne's mesmerizing scent which is driving me crazy. My heart is beating so hastily against my chest that one moment more into the hug and it will break apart from my chest.

He breaks the hug and looks at me with both hands place around both sides of my face. His eyes are digging into mine intently. When I can't take his stare anymore, I strive to look away. But before I can move my face, he turns my face back to him by placing his hand on my chin.

"Why don't you just admit it?" He says in a husky voice.

I look back at him with confusion. What is he talking about?

"Just admit you missed me as much as I did. Just admit you want me around you as much as I want," he asserts.

"What the heck are you saying? I never felt like this," I try to remove his hand from my face but he grabs my waist and pulls me towards him. My breath hitches because of the unexpected turn.

If I haven't put my hands on his chest to maintain distance, I may have landed directly on his chest. He brings his face closer to mine and slowly rubs his fingers on my cheeks. I hiss when he comes nearer to me; just one step ahead and his lips will touch mine.

"What is this then? Why are you reacting to my touch?" He whispers softly.

I push him away from me as I glare at him, "I have told you many times that don't flirt with me. I won't intimidate by these cheap acts of yours."