chapter eleven

Xiaojun's POV

Weeks of my schedule being fully done. I arrive home late at night. Missing Jian and Jialia very much. I walk to Jian's bedroom instead of mines. As I enter, his hanging animal lights are on. I peek through the doors of Jian that connects to Jialia's room to see that Jialia not in bed. Is she sleeping with Jian?

I check Jian's bed to see that Jialia and Jian are sleeping together on one side. Jialia has her arms around Jian as they are close together facing one another. The light stand on. Being tired, I gently slide onto the other side of Jian, making sure that both of them don't wake up. Facing Jian's back, I also wrap my arms around Jian overlapping them on top of Jialia. Then I close my eyes.

•••

The next morning has risen with Jian poking my cheeks which wakes me up.

"Morning, daddy!" Jian quietly says with a smile.

"Morning." I say, with the sun shining bright in my face.

I realize that someone arm's arm wrapped around me and that I'm also facing the window. Last night, my back was facing the window. And Jian is in front of me. Not between Jialia and I. Is my back is facing Jialia?

"Mommy must miss you to be hugging you like that." Jian says which makes me smile.

"J-Jian." Jialia sleep talks. "Jian."

Slowly Jialia starts to move, but doesn't move her arms from my side. I put my finger on my lips showing Jian to be quiet.

"Jian." Jialia sleep talks as she touches my hips down to my thigh. "S-since when did you become this big already?"

She follows her traces back and forth which makes me uncomfortable because I'm ticklish. I try to hold in my laugh and movement.

"You grew fast? N-no. This can't be you." Jialia sleep talks.

"Mommy! You are touching daddy." Jian laughs.

"Huh?" Jialia says as I hear her sit up and look down at me in which we make eye contact.

Her eyes widen in shock. "Hey! Why are you sleeping so close to me? Scoot over!"

"I can't lift up my arms. You're on them." I say, trying to lift up my arms.

Jialia looks at my arms and quickly removes them. " Since when did you come back?"

"Last night." I say.

"Why didn't you sleep in your room last night? How did you crash here?" Jialia asks.

"I didn't want to sleep in my room. I miss Jian so I decided to sleep in his bed with him. I saw you sleeping with him on one side so I slept on the other side of Jian." I explain. "How did you hug me if I was on the other side of Jian?"

Did Jian put us together? Jialia and I look at each other than at Jian, who's smiling innocently as if he doesn't know what's going on. He quickly gets off the bed and runs off.

Jialia's POV

I'm walking down the hall with Jian to take him to see Yuyan.

"Jian. Next time please don't do that it. It's not appropriate because your dad and I are not married." I say, referring back to the incident that happened this morning.