pull up|luh kel.

"i pull up to your crib every time i miss you,
and i love to hear your voice it's like a instrumental."
————

•luh kel's, point of view•

I finished my last adlib sound and took the headphones from around my head. I looked up to see a big smile on London's (on da track, the producer) face.

He presses the microphone button before saying, "This tough bro, come outside the booth. Come hear this."

On command, I open the door to hear our record me and London put together. He pushed a couple button and began nodding his head. I questioned what he was nodding at due to the fact the beat didn't even drop yet. Nevertheless, I soon joined him, feeling the beat he produced to my song.

"Those 808's go crazy," I say over the music.

*808's are the baselines you hear in a song.*

He shakes his head in agreement but soon stops the music.

"It's good overall, but I feel like you can go little harder. I mean I know this our 6th song tonight, but you could definitely give more. You gave me more on the last one"

He was right. I was exhausted. I had been doing interviews all day, did a show this afternoon and been in the studio all night.

"Listen how bout we wrap this session up," he says when I didn't respond, "and bang at me, next time you around L.A." He stands up from his chair, extending his hand to dap me up.

"Alright bet," I put his hand in his.

"You seem tense, bro." he says, loosing his grip. "You know what you need?

"What?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Some pussy."

He catches me off guard, causing me to crack a huge smile.

"Come on, let's go to the strip club." He offers.

"Nah," I deny, "I got a girlfriend."

"What that mean?" he knits his eyebrows, causing me to do the same.

"I don't cheat."

"Come on, we bros, just tell your shorty you shooting a video or something. She don't got to know," he leans in closer.

I shake my head, not budging. Once he sees 'no,' is my final answer, he lets out a light laugh and puts his hand on my shoulder. "I forgot you so damn young."

"But anyway, like I said, hit me when you wanna do another session." He continues, "and when you get out the 'puppy love stage', you young niggas go through."

He leaves the studio and I take a seat in the chair he was once sitting in. I sit in the empty studio gazing at the buttons. Me talking about my girl made me realize how much I actually did miss her. I hadn't gotten the chance to talk to her all day and didn't get the chance to see her the whole week, I pull out my phone, not realizing it was on Do Not Disturb this whole time.

*2 missed calls* *6 missed texts*
❤️
Babyboy, I miss you. I know you're working but don't forget about me.
10:11 a:m

Baby 🥺🥺🥺
3:53 p:m

Damn I guess you did forget about me 🤦🏽‍♀️
6:30 p:m

You still ain't text me back. 🤔
7:23 p:m

Well I'm going to sleep. You really ain't text me all day. 🙄 I had to text my other niggas instead. & they boring. 😫
10:55p:m

Tell them other bitches I said hey! 🙂Fuck you, Turran.☹️
11:38 p:m

Damn. I motion to text back, but the last text was from 2 hours ago. She fast asleep by now. So it was only one thing I had left to do.

-
I parked my Rover in her driveway and walked towards her doorway. Once there, I figured there was no point of knocking, for I knew my baby was deep sleeper. Luckily, I knew she had another under the "Welcome" mat in front of her doorstep. I jingle the door lock, finally opening to her house and there she was, fast asleep on the couch. I kneel down beside her, trying not to wake her up. I failed as she looked up, frightened at the sight of me.

"Turran," my name escapes her lips. I loved when she called me by my government.

"I used the key under the doormat." I answer her unasked question. Even though she just woke up, she was so beautiful. Being in her presence made me realize how much I truly did miss her.

Her frightened face soon turns into slight annoyance. "You didn't answer any of my texts." She says.

"I was doing interviews all day and my phone was on DND." I explain. "Besides you had other niggas you was texting anyway."

"Yeah, yeah," she dismisses, "How were those bum bitches you were with?"

"They were alright. There was this one that was fine as wine in the summertime. Almost made me forget I had a girlfriend."

I watch as her face changes again, this time into disgust.

"I'm just playing baby, "I laugh, looking down at her. "You know you the only one."

"I missed you," she looks up at me, smiling.

"I missed you too (Y/N) that's why I had to pull up."

'Nah, you always miss me." She rolls her eyes. "This time you pulled up because you just wanted pussy."

I throw my head back in laughter remembering what London said to me not too long ago. He wasn't lying.

"That too." I carry up from the couch and threw her over my back, causing her to scream. That scream was just one of the many I love that was yet to come.
—-
note: hey guys, this a short for you but i hope you like it, as always. i don't use rappers stage names because i'm sure people don't call them that in real life & try to make these as realistic as possible. :) btw if i get 1k reads that would be amazing considering i started this book 3 weeks ago. 😊 thank ya sm

songs of the week:
Tweaking x luh kel
Bout my business x nba youngboy
772 x YNW Melly
FRIENDS x The Carters
Truth Hurts x Lizzo
Enemies x Post Malone