butterflies|aboogie

"and i just wanna hold you all night long, whenever i'm around you, nothing's wrong.
i'm hoping that you'll always be around
you got me on a high, i don't wanna come down."
-

The couple laid in a cot on the beach, both staring at the orange-pink sunset. The girl laid wrapped up in the man's arms, head on his chest. His heartbeat was a slow steady pace that matched hers. None of them said a word, leaving the sounds of the ocean and the birds chirping to do all the talking. They had started a conversation a little before, but as the women began to tell her story about her Bachelorette party from several nights before, she felt his heart beating slightly slower. When she looked up she realized she walking to herself and the man had begun to drift asleep.

She put her hand on his chest and the huge rock on her fourth finger got her attention. She gazed at her new profound ring in disbelief. She couldn't believe she was married to this man. The man many females wanted. The man that had 100,00 plus fans scream his lyrics every night to the top of their lungs. The man that was arguably classified as the new "Prince of New York". That was officially her man. Of course, this was something she always knew, but I guess, now she had something to show for it.

The girl shifted her attention from her finger up to his face. She lifted her index finger tracing his pink lips. She studied his faint mustache over his lips, which turned into his famous smirk. She knew he was almost deep in his sleep because this was something she would always do. She always wondered what the young man was dreaming about, to make him smile every time. When she asked him, he would say one clumsy word: 'You'.

The woman sat up, careful to balance their weight on the cot. She looked far into the never-ending ocean and thought how life couldn't get anymore perfect than this. She let out a slight chuckle thinking how the cot symbolized the love the two shared for each other. The cot held them up while the wind was blowing gently. She compared it to their love, thinking that their love was the only thing keeping each other afloat in this crazy world. Back home, life would go fairly fast, whether it was tours, families, meetings, even planning the wedding themselves. Finally, it was all over, and now there was a new chapter they were beginning, opening a new page in a freshly bought book.

"Long way from Highbridge, huh?" The man said, startling the woman. His eyes were still shut, as if he had said it in sleep. The woman looked and reached back, cuffing the side of his face. The sunset was beautiful, but her man had challenged it, being the most stunning thing on the beach. Even with no jewelry on or no designer clothes on, simply in his natural state, he still looked his best. The love she had for him but unmatched and without a doubt she knew he felt the same.

She was right. Right now he was sleeping, but even when he was awake, he felt like he was in a dream. He questioned what he had done to deserve the angel that was always beside him. He felt secure and safe when she was around even though she was much smaller than him. It was like a breath of fresh air whenever he was in her presence. She was the only thing that brought him peace and all she had to do was breathe. He wanted to hold her for the whole night. He didn't care if he would wake up from his sleep because he would wake up to his favorite dream that was laying on his chest.

All the drugs he did on his tours didn't compare to her love. It was the most powerful and he was an addict, with no hopes of getting clean.

Soon enough the woman laid back down beside him, and they laid there in silence. It wasn't awkward, for their love said everything they needed to know. Soon enough their breathing matched, and later on they both laid there motionless. This was one of the very few times during the day, they were in a different dreams of their own.

authors note: this was so short 😭. but i hoped you enjoyed it. the idea popped into my head at like 5am, while listening to this song. comment & vote. 💙

songs for the week:
champion x dababy
lil top x nba youngboy
in your eyes x the weeknd
first place x polo g
fake smile x ariana grande