❣️ Part 1 ❣️

The cold breeze hit my face despite being enveloping myself with a tight jacket n shawl. The daylight is bright as it is almost 9 in the morning. I stood below an apartment eyeing it with belief, nervousness, expectation, restlessness, a beam of hope, at least... That I could find her here... safe, happy?... Maybe!

She might be happy with her husband, got married n all... but then also, after knowing the truth, I just couldn't hold myself from meeting her once.

At least Once...

I still remember how devastated I was for the past one month since I got to know the truth that she was right! I was wrong! I misunderstood. I was blind... It's me, who crushed its own love with its own hands.

Flashback...

I was on the way to my office, MM Heights, one of the most famous construction company headed by a self-made, arrogant, handsome hulk, none other than me, Manik Malhotra! It took me 5 long years of my hard work n consistency... that I became the one, who I am.

While in the way, my car broke down. I walked out n stood by the nearest mall till the driver arrange another car for me.

Call it luck or destiny, I spotted someone whom I never wanted to see after the college valentines night... Siddharth!

He was with another girl, a familiar one but I couldn't recall exactly. They r close as if couples!

Maybe he broke up with HER. ... Good for Her.

I instantly turned my face, not wanting to be spotted by him but seems like I was late. He came towards me with her girl in his hand.

"Hey! Manik" he greeted to which I turned with a fake smile.

"Hello!" I said in not so interested tone.

"How r u bro? ... U guys just vanished after the Valentine party?" he asked. Even though I'm not interested in his talk but a part of me still wanted to know about HER.

"I'm fine!..." I replied when suddenly his words clicked me ... 'U GuyS'

"What do u mean by 'u guys'? Who else left after the party?" I instantly asked. He frowned.

As far as I remember, after I rejected HER that night, I was left devastated n left the college so that I won't be facing her again n get weak in front of her.

"Of course, U & Nandini, Who else?" he answered created havoc inside me.

Nandini left too? Why?

"Why?" I voiced.

"As far as I know, she had planned to propose u that night. And she must have done. Then u two, as a couple must have left together. That's what I heard. Isn't it right?" He reasoned n then asked. I stood there still. What's going on?

She did propose me with lots of efforts, lights, decors, balloons, flowers, roses... I fell for her again but back out as she was two-timing me. Isn't it?

"u knew that she's gonna propose me?" I asked unbelievably. If he knew then why did he proposed HER n she accepted with hugging n all.

"Of course... I used to be her best friend, remember? But she forgot me once she got u. U better tell her to contact me." He complained.

"Wait! Aren't u that one who proposed her that night n she accepted?" I asked raising my brows as inside me is a battle going on with all types of questions, probability, reasons, answers, doubts, etc. etc...

Sid looked at the eyes of her girl before turning his head to me. I was getting impatient to know the answer.

"No... Why will I propose to her when I love Aliya?" He said pointing to the lady beside her. Now I remember her, one of our batchmates.