History Of The Trolls

"Biggie?" Poppy said in surprise. She and Branch ran up to find him being attacked by some flying critter with white fur and enormous red eyes. The Trolls had never seen anything like it!

"Help! I'm being harangued by a monster!" Biggie cried as he fell down, the critter preparing to bite him with its two pointy teeth. "Someone stop it!"

Just before it could hurt the large Troll, Poppy lassoed the critter with her hair and pulled it away. She failed to notice it dropping a black piece of paper.

"Gotcha!" Poppy said triumphantly, only for the critter to start squirming around in her hair angrily. "Ah! It's in my hair! It's in my hair! Get it out, get it out, get it out!"

Without further instructions, Branch tackled the critter, which looked like a fluffy bat, and gave it a belly rub.

"Shh, shh... There you go," he said quietly, rubbing the bat's eyeballs as it calmed down. "There you go. Calm down. Who's a good boy?"

"What is that thing?!" Legsly asked in shock.

"It's creepy!" Cooper shuddered.

"It's scary," Satin and Chenille said together.

"And naaaaaasty!" Guy Diamond vocalized, holding Tiny Diamond close to his face.

"Lookie, Mommy!" Flower cooed, pointing to the scrolled up paper the bat dropped. Poppy picked it up and found a sticker that read, "TO QUEEN POPPY."

"Don't worry, everyone," Poppy said, trying to calm down the uneasy crowd. "It looks like it's just an invitation."

While the rest of the Trolls sighed in relief, Branch remained skeptical. Who would be sending them an invitation? Poppy opened the paper up and it read:

Barb, the Queen of Rock, announces her

ONE NATION UNDER ROCK

World Tour

Bring your own string to the biggest party the world has ever seen!

"Queen of Rock?" Poppy wondered. What did that mean? Before she could let it completely sink in, however, her father, King Peppy, snatched the invitation away.

"It's nothing!" he shouted. Poppy could clearly tell he was lying. "It means nothing at all! It's just junk mail! You don't need to worry about it! I mean, quit looking at it, everyone! Forget what you saw!"

King Peppy began ripping the paper with his own teeth in a crazed state. Branch then tackled him and gave him a belly rub.

"Shh, shh, shh... There you go, there you go," he said quietly, rubbing the old king's eyes and curling his moustache. "Calm down. Calm down. There you go."

"Feel better, Gwampa?" Flower asked sweetly, stumbling towards him.

"Okay, I'm calm," King Peppy sighed. "I'm calm."

"Dad, what's going on?" Poppy asked curiously.

"Well, I have long feared this day would come," he explained to his daughter. "I was hoping to protect you from this, Poppy."