Girl Talk, Guy Talk

I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you

It's woven in my soul, I need to let you go

Don't get too close, it's dark inside

It's where my demons hide...

Willow was softly singing in her sleep before waking up feeling snug and cozy. She then noticed she was trapped in something, and only one of her large eyes was sticking out. She looked around and noticed she was in a room with black walls. As she squirmed around, freaking out, the thing she was trapped in set on fire! She climbed out frantically, realizing it was just a sleeping bag and she was in Ash's bedroom. Willow had a habit of not remembering where she falls asleep, and not even she knew why. Desperately, she tried putting the fire out with her own hair.

“Willow?" Ash said suddenly, the sound of her voice startling Willow. She accidentally destroyed a bookshelf with a lightning bolt and froze the ground beneath her feet, causing her to slip and fall flat on her back with her legs in the air.

“Ow," Willow muttered in pain as Ash stared at her. “Uh... Top of the morning?"

“Well, nothing tops off the morning like having your medieval literature collection destroyed," Ash joked, helping her up.

“Sorry about that," Willow apologized.

“Don't worry, I'm sure there are other old books I can read," Ash assured her, examining the damage. She turned around to face the Pop Troll once again. “You really have magic powers."

“What, you didn't believe me?"

“Of course not!" Ash answered. “I thought you were insane, and possibly dangerous."

“Well, you're-you're not wrong," Willow admitted quietly. Ash just laughed, not quite understanding what she meant. But Willow was too ashamed to tell her about her Darkness. “It's true, though. I do have powers."

“Where did they come from?" she asked.

“Well, my empathic abilities, I got from my father, who was this sorcerer snake called a Rattlecobra," Willow explained. “But the rest of them... I don't know. I just have them."

“So you're not entirely Troll?" Ash asked. Willow shook her head sadly. “I should've known, you're an outcast. Well, guess what? So am I."

“But you're the Queen of Rock's sister," Willow pointed out.

“That's the only reason anyone likes me," Ash replied. “If anyone else took me in, I'd probably be treated like dirt."

“Took you in?" Willow repeated, confused. “What do you mean by that?"

“I wasn't born a Rocker," she confessed. “My birth parents were Pop Trolls. I don't know why, but they decided they just didn't want me. They painted my egg black and left me in Volcano Rock City. Dad wasn't fooled, but he took me in anyways. When he told me the truth about my birth parents and Pop... I felt ashamed. What if I have that blood in me? I rock as hard as I can to avoid it all, but I still don't feel like a true Rocker. Or, at least, not a Hard Rocker. But I've sworn off pop music, no offense."