Chapter 63: The Heavens

Ryzen POV

The real Millen Yu said some farewell greetings before the scene in front of me changed in an instant.

Quickly, I was back in the darkness again, with the light only shining on the area where Mr. Red-haired man is. Mysteriously, the floating glass mirror was still next to him.

Although I was overwhelmed with my emotions and was very unsure, Mr. Red-haired man only stared at me with calmness in his eyes.

I twitched my mouth at the sight as I took a deep breath, wanting to get straight to the point.

"It's heartwarming to find out that Lennox is supposedly my soulmate. But at the same time, it doesn't make sense. I cannot help but be doubtful. If that was the case for him and I, then what about my parents? What about people like Kristine and the real Millen Yu?"

Mr. Red-haired man only raised his eyebrows a little, as if he was amused at my question.

"The heavens have an individualised plan for every single person in the world. Not everyone is the same. Not everyone is also fated to have a true, romantic soulmate like you and him. Some people love another, but they are not meant to stay with them, just like your parents. There is only a brief intersection of their souls because they are only meant to teach valuable lessons to each other, such as love, forgiveness, independence and so on..."

While he was saying that, the floating mirror magically showed a montage of the parents I grew up knowing, Rose and Eric Ferrada. It seemed to show other couples who did not end up with each other as well...

So in the end, their souls only served a purpose on each other?

No matter how I think about it, it's very sad. It's sorrowful to discover that you can love someone with all your heart but in the end, the heavens have already planned beforehand that you're only meant to teach each other a lesson that will help you grow as a person.

Also, regarding my biological father, I actually don't know what I'm supposed to feel about him, especially upon finding out how much he had hurt Rose Ferrada...

No matter what though, I vow to never be like him. When I love someone, it will be the only person that I will love until the very end. I would not be swayed by other people and only love once with my sincere heart.

But with everything showcased to me so far, it's not like I have to worry about this kind of thing, right?

After all, I am not capable of loving another man other than Lennox Zevallos.

To be paired with him in all of the possible chances in this world, maybe I was wrong about accusing the heavens to be cruel, hmm?

Without any warnings, the montage transitioned into scenes of Kristine laughing with her friends.

"On the other hand, some don't have a soulmate at all. Sometimes, a soulmate for them is just someone they don't love in a romantic sense. It could just be a friend that they can connect to in a deep level... Then, as for Millen Yu..."

My eyes widened a bit upon seeing the new scenes in the mirror. It was a montage of the real Millen Yu in a beautiful garden that resembled a heavenly place. Her eyes were closed and she looked like she was performing some kind of a ritual.

With how everything was in that scene, she really looked like she belonged there. Actually, I reckon that she really looked like a celestial being...

"Souls are eternal and everyone is on their own spiritual journeys and evolution. With that, some souls encounter each other to make an impact on each other's journey. For Millen Yu's case though, she never needed another soul to help her, whether in a romantic or platonic sense. Frankly, she was never meant to have her spiritual journey in that world. The heavens have designed a plan for her to ascend to heaven early so she can fulfill her fate as a spiritual being. To be able to evolve on her spiritual journey, heaven is the only place for her."