prologue

The dim lights of the bar echoed my mood. Dull and gloomy.

I ordered another drink and stared mindlessly at the brown tabletop, thinking about how I could find a person before a psychotic serial killer thirsty for blood.

The bartender placed another drink in front of me and I tipped my head back, downing half of it in one gulp. There had to be a way. I hadn't heard about her in over fourteen years and not seen her even longer. She had disappeared without a trace and for a good reason too. Cutting off all ties with me was the best thing she could do. At least that's what I was told.

And forgetting about her was the best thing I could do. Until now.

But if she had a blade hanging over her head, I had to find her.

Part of me wanted to believe I cared for her and didn't want her to die. But that would be a lie. Because the reason I wanted to meet her again was for my own depraved intentions.

A loud giggling noise coming from a table filled with girls wearing short dresses caught my attention. One of them especially caught my attention. If I wanted to get through the night without getting insane I would need help.

And she would be my sanity.

I watched her as she laughed at something her friend said. Her head tipped back, making her luscious hair slide off her shoulders.

I ordered another drink.

She stood up and made her way towards me. Well, not exactly my way but towards the bartender. My eyes raked down to her long legs as she walked purposefully.

'Hi. Can I get a Margarita on the rocks, please?' she asked, smiling at the bartender. There was something familiar about the way she smiled. She placed her palms on the tabletop and I noticed a ring on the fourth finger of her left hand.

Damn.

I realized I was staring at the ring on her hand like a creep and focused on my drink instead.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out.

Got a lead on the subject. Was seen in the city less than an hour ago.

The text from the private investigator I'd hired to help me set my heart beating faster.

She was here.

In the same city as me. It wouldn't be long before I have her by my side.

To protect her.

And to make her pay.

a/n 

So I'm back with another book because QUARANTINE.

This book is going to be different from my other books so if you're expecting fluff, yeah you might not get much of  it here (I'm kidding there is a little bit of fluff. hellooo have you met me?? I'm incapable of not writing fluff) 

This book is darker than my other books and also mature so do with that knowledge as you will.

I wrote this book during nanowrimo 2017 so updates will be frequent as this book is already a completed work.

I hope you enjoy this book!

I love you all so much!