𝐢. the arrival

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑳 𝑰 𝑭 𝑬  𝑷 𝑨 𝑻 𝑯
❝ 𝚑𝚎𝚢, 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜! ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄, Ariadne felt exposed. Not because the scent of human blood tempted her, no, she had a thousand years of exposure and her control was near impeccable. But because eyes just seemed to follow her wherever she went. She could understand that being a vampire made her incredibly beautiful, but the stares were irritating her, just as much as the contacts she wore to conceal her red eyes.

You would think that being on the run for so long made her uncivilized, but she was far from that. With her abilities, she was able to go out and have fun, all the while hiding in plain sight. So, she was able to blend in as much as possible, and she was all caught up with all the new things humans constantly came up with. Despite not being a vegetarian like she knew the Cullens were, she can be integrated into society like them, oftentimes even better.

And as she got into a cab, she gave a smile to the driver that she could hear made his heart flutter. Holding back a laugh, she spoke, "To Forks, please."

And off they went. They even made small talk which amused the princess greatly. The way the human stuttered as they talked made her wish she was a human again. That's what she missed the most: the simplicity of it all.