𝐯𝐢. calm before the storm

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑳 𝑰 𝑭 𝑬  𝑷 𝑨 𝑻 𝑯
❝ 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎-𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐃," were the words Alistair greeted his mate with, walking into the attic they've pretty much made their little hangout spot. His posture was rigid; his back straight and shoulders stiff, and though he was smiling, it wasn't the warm and loving one that Ariadne was accustomed to.

"What?" the princess asked, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, standing up from where she sat. "What do you mean? Lied about what?"

"I saw that newborn preparing a backpack full of cash, letters, and a passport or two for her daughter," Alistair muttered, crossing over to where she was. "What changed?"

She sighed. "It was Alice. She had a vision. Apparently, something might happen. It's just a precaution. Renesmee is Bella's number one priority."

Alistair visibly sighed, engulfing Ariadne in a tight hug. The Cretan couldn't help but relax in his arms, wrapping her own around his torso. "You're right. I'm sorry. I got...scared."

"I know, Ali, I know."

"Love," he muttered, keeping one arm around her as he looked down and brushed stray hairs away from her face. "When this is all over, I want the two of us out of here. Let's just...disappear, together."