Like a Cat: Part 2 [Sephiroth/Reader]

He hesitated with a fist just centimeters away from the wood of the door. The sun had set hours ago and few people were out in the streets of Midgar. Still, it was an urgent matter and he needed your assistance. Gently, he rasped his knuckles against your door.

Thanks to his superb hearing, he could make out a quiet squeak then soft footsteps across the floor of the apartment until they stopped at the door. He imagined you peering through the peephole and looked anywhere but the door.

This time, anyone could make out the sound of latches being removed and the lock twisting. The door opened to your much smaller frame, at least smaller compared to his towering form.

Sephiroth glanced down at you and froze. He felt his face heat up exponentially. His pupils started to become larger and rounder at the very image of you. You looked up at him with a sleepy smile in a cat onesie.

"Good..." you paused and leaned back into your apartment to glance at the clock on your microwave. "Morning, Sephiroth. Is everything okay?" He moved a hand to cover his face but remained frozen in place as his eyes darted from your pajamas to your face. You tilted your head in confusion, making him stiffen even more. With a frown, you asked, "What's wrong?"

Sephiroth opened his mouth to try and say something, but nothing came out. Realization flashed across your face and he swore he died on the inside, thinking you figured out what was causing him to be so flustered.

"You're looking for Genesis, right? He was invited to a cast party for Loveless. The play's debut was tonight, so he'll be out pretty late." You paused and gazed at his reaction. He still seemed stressed out. "Is that what you needed?" you questioned, unsure.

Sephiroth could only nod and slowly drag himself away from you. You watched him stumble down the hall before shrugging and closing the door. Sephiroth leaned against the wall of the hallway and placed a hand over his hammering heart.

"Too cute," he gasped out.