Wattpad Original
Mayroong 1 pang libreng parte

Challenge # 04

Hello Baby!

Adam Uriel Consunji's

"Are you alright, Red?"

I wanted to laugh at him. He seemed to be really hurt. He was holding the part of his face that got punched and he has this uncomfortable look on his face. Miguel and I took him to my office because he said that he could see stars and I guess that's not really a good sign. I told Bertha to get him some water and a cold compress. He was holding it now but Red didn't look any better.

"Sino ba iyon?" Miguel asked him again. I was just watching Red and my brother. They were sitting on the couch, talking. I am on my chair, admiring the fact that I didn't get punch and that I'm okay.

"Kinakapatid ko nga," he answered. Napabuntong-hininga siya. "Mamaya tatanungin ko kung anong problema niya. Hindi ko naman inaano iyon."

"What is kinakapatid?" I asked him.

"Parang pinsan, ganoon."

"Like second or third cousin?" I asked again.

"Ninong niya si Papay sa binyag at kumpil kaya magkinakapatid kami. Di ba sa UP ka nag-aral? Bakit hindi ka ba nagta-Tagalog? Minsan napapagod akong kausapin iyang kapatid mo, Miguel." Red stood up. "Aalis na ako. May meeting pa ako kasama si Perseus. Iyong pinadala ni Tita Yza, pakiayos ninyong dalawa."

I was just grinning as I watch him walk out of that door. Napapailing si Miguel. He too, stood up.

"I'll go now too. Mariah is waiting for me. When are you gonna drop by the hospital to see your new nephew?"

"Baka mamaya. I'll text you. Is Sari still in town?"

"Ayaw na siyang pabalikin ni Papa sa Pangasinan. Diyan ka na muna."

"Alright." I nodded. I watched him leave too. I stayed in my office looking at the skyscrapers in front of me. I am in the thirty-third floor and I can see everything from here.

Miguel's office is just beside mine. He was always looking for me – one reason why I cannot go on easy with work. Anyway, I like working for the family. I didn't realize that I will also love working with my brother.

I used to hate him. I looked at him as my archenemy. Lahat ng mayroon si Miguel, gusto ko mayroon rin ako – from toys, to clothes, to cars, to girls – but the last girl he had that I wanted, made me realize so many things.

Saina Buensuceso is the sole heir of the Bueno Food corp. She and Miguel were supposed to get married, but because I was too greedy and too angry with Miguel, I fucked Saina knowing that it will ruin them, and it did. Hindi pinakasalan ni Miguel si Saina at dahil doon, sobra siyang nasaktan. I guess it pained her more knowing that months later, Miguel went home to our family with Mariah, his lover and the mother of Mia Cara, their daughter.

Sobrang nagalit si Saina noon the she threatened to ruin Miguel's happiness. Hindi iyon hinayaan ni Papa. He talked to Saina's dad and the next thing I knew, lumipad na siya patungong Italy, leaving everything behind. Ako naman, sumunod ako. I wanted to pursue her because like I said, she made me realize things. But Saina didn't want to be with me. Bakit nga naman siya sasama sa lalaking naging dahilan ng pagkasira ng iniingatan niyang relasyon? She maybe a spoiled brat and all, but she did love my brother.

Wala akong magawa. No matter how many times I try to convince her that she should be with me, hindi siya lumalapit sa akin. We've been in this for four years, pero ayaw niya talaga sa akin. Saina is my biggest frustration.

I've already told Miguel about what I did. Akala ko noong una, magagalit siya sa akin, but instead, I got a pat in the back and asked me about my plan. Hindi siya galit. Sabi niya sa akin, bakit raw siya magagalit at naniniwala raw siyang lahat ng bagay may dahilan. He even said that maybe I was the force of nature that brought him to meeting his daughter and Mariah. He is happily married man now. Masayang-masaya ang kapatid ko. He has three kids and Mariah – and yet . . . I still feel envious. Not that I want to take Mariah away from him or anything. It's just that, I realized that I want what Miguel has now.