In which I'm targeted again (5)

*Unedited (I'm so lazy forgive me >-<)*

I couldn't participate with my casted arm, so the teacher grudgingly told me to sit on the benches in the gym for the rest of the class. I could tell he was annoyed and didn't like I was sitting there, 'slacking off'.

When I saw the students playing dodgeball, I felt a bit lucky to be sitting this one out. They were brutal, going after the weak first and not being remorseful what so ever.

I saw Wes and his friend play for the first twenty minutes of class before they disappeared. Only after about ten more minutes I realized they skipped the rest of the class.

I couldn't help but feel sad and lost, knowing I would probably be very hard to find my next class without Wes.

At least it helped me see that Wes didn't try to be my friend, and my brain was more convinced now.

It was a bit of a relief since my goal was to be invisible, but then I remembered again I still had to find a club.

I wondered what my punishment would be if I decided to not join a club. Maybe they'll expel me? After all, if they would do that, I'll get what I want and go back home.

However, my mom will be more than a little upset, and I just couldn't imagine making my mom angry with me.

I never did like confrontation, nor did I like having people I care about being mad at me.

That meant that even if mom or Haley upset me, I'll apologize fast. It didn't matter that I wasn't the one in the wrong.

This angered Haley a lot, and she always told me to "grow some balls and stand up for myself if I think I'm right". Of course, that never actually made me change.

Maybe I realized in my old school that being quiet will help me get through any bad situation as quickly and harm free as possible.

Though, sometimes the strategy will backfire on me because the fact that I didn't react the way the bullies wanted me to, which was to groan in pain, made them even more aggressive.

And that also why I got pushed down the stairs.

The bell rang, shaking me from my thoughts.

I stood up and put on my bag on my back, and before I exited the gym with the rest of the class, the teacher stopped me.

He was crossing his hands, glaring at me. I still couldn't understand why he was so annoyed with my reason of not participating in class. It was my fault my arm was broken.

But of course I wouldn't tell him that.

"I expect that in the next class you'll be joining the others." He said. I opened my mouth to tell him that my cast will only come off in four to five more weeks, but he turned around and went to a door I assumed was his office.

Maybe I could try and join next time, I thought with a sigh, going out of the gym.

I didn't even notice the boys standing near the doors until I was suddenly grabbed by my bag and shoved into the lockers.

My back got slammed with a loud bang, making me think that someone heard it and a teacher will come soon.

That thought gave me hope.

"Well well well," I opened my eyes that closed from the hard impact, meeting the boy's glare. It was Kyle again.

Behind him stood two more boys, probably his friends. They were smirking as they watched me slightly squirm hold before I decided that it would only make this worse if I try to struggle.

"The newbie already came broken, huh?" one of his friends ask, the one with the brown hair and blue eyes.

Kyle looked at my cast for a moment before he reached to grab my broken arm, making me flinch into the lockers even more and shove his hand away.

He scowled at me and grabbed the collar of my shirt before shoving me into the lockers again, with more force than before.

I whined, pain spreading in my back. Kyle smiled and leaned in. My heart was beating fast and I could barley breath.

"This is almost to easy," He said, laughing and looking at his friends.

Kyle shoved me one more time against the locker before letting me go, walking away but not before sending me one last glare.

Only when the three walked out of sight did I let my leg give out, making fall into the floor.

I hugged my legs to my chest and tried to slow down my beating heart and breathing.

My back was hurting, and I could feel a throb in my broken arm. I had some pills the doctor prescribed for me in my room, so I knew I could go get it when I was break time.

I shook and leaned my forehead on my knees.

This was going to just like at my old school, if not worse.

There was no escaping another one and half years of torture.

The sound of steps made me jump, and I slowly lifted my head to see legs in front of me.

I lifted my gaze to see Wes's friend, Ren.

He was looking at me with a closed off expression. He didn't give away what he was thinking, but I assumed he must think I'm a weak loser who let everyone beat him down.

That wasn't far from the truth if I'm being honest.

For a second, I thought he was going to start laughing at me, or at least say something along the lines of "you're such a loser".

But what I didn't expect is for him to put out his hand. I stared at Ren, puzzled. Was he going to beat me up, too?

Ren, as if noticing I didn't understand him, stepped closer and held out his hand closer to my face.

Was he... offering to help me up?

What if this was some type of sick joke and the moment I'll put some weight on him, he'll drop me?

I don't know what made me eventually put my right hand in his, but I did it. The moment my hand was in his, his fingers wrapped around my hand and he pulled me up carefully.

I let him help me stand up, and once I did I couldn't look him in the eyes. His hand was warm around mine, and it was still in his even after I was standing up.

"T-thank y-you." I somehow managed to mumble, still not looking at him. Ren didn't reply, and he let go of my hand before walking away without a single word.

Maybe it was a one-time thing, him helping me. It was a small thing, too. He just helped me up, it wasn't like he defended me against those bullies.

It made me wonder if he had walked in on Kyle and his friends picking on me, would he have interfered?

I shook my head. There was no way. No was going to help me against those bullies.

Or so I thought.

~*~

So yesterday I unintentionally published the part where I wrote the characters' description and had a mini heart attack because I want you all to discover their personality little by little. Also there are things that shouldn't be known yet. So yeah, I lost a few years
from my life >-<

I'm thinking of uploading the next chapter tomorrow since it's already written, but we'll see.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to...

Vote

Comment

Follow

And stay healthy!

StellarK25