Chapter 32: The Last Chance

There was a notification on Anti-Cursor's monitor. He showed a big gloating smile. The laser beam hit the hair of Ryan. The smell of burning hair filled the fume mixed air inside the Anti-Cursor's space module.

'Wait... wait, let me give another lease of life but only two minutes. No action. Only watch and then die.' The laser beam stopped moving.

The monitor showed the scene of Capitol hill. A large crowd had gathered. There was a big sheet of paper in the adjoining open garden. The camera zoomed on the big paper. Nothing was visible.

'What's this. Let me have a proper look at the dearest of a species which is 60 million old in the hands of a species which is not even 60 years old.'

The camera further zoomed in on the contents on the big sheet of the paper. Green Aurora appeared in the sky above the people. In the dim light of the Aurora only the fact that the paper had some kind of bullet points written in it. People started running away from the garden. Security guards stopped them. There was a flash of light from the Aurora. Ryan saw it, the Anti-Cursor also saw it. It was the fate of humanity sealed under the hands of its own creation.

'See Ryan, before you die, see and shed all your hopes in humanity. I made them succumb to me. I didn't even tell them how to convey their acceptance to the draft Agreement... the Great Agreement which I gave. I must still respect your people's ingenuity. They discovered a new method of conveying their consent to the Great Agreement.

Ryan's eyes could not withstand the scene of the big sheet being displayed on the monitor. The sight of the signature and seal of the President below the handwritten draft of the Great Agreement was piercing not only eyes but his soul.

Anti-Cursor wrote a few commands on the command prompt of the computer.

'Now I have instructed all the cursors around the world to reappear... laser beam start.'

Ryan put down his ahead in anticipation of his last moments. Memories of Megan flashed before his eyes.

Insert... cybersecurity.

Wham!

The laser beam projector itself started melting. Within a few seconds it completely disappeared.

Am I still alive? Ryan thought. He brought up his head, he saw Megan offering her hand to pick him up.

'Be fast, we don't have that much time.'

'Megan, you are here? How come?' said Ryan, taking her hands into his and trying to stand up.

'When our people are in danger, we will do anything we need to.' Ryan and Megan hugged each other tightly.

'Hello Ryan,' said Shaan, taking aim at the roof where he thought some action was going on.'

Shaan asked Megan and Ryan to look for the source of the power supply.

'You will never get fools. Shaan and Megan, you think you are a superhero. You were able to come here because you were allowed to. Now I shall not one but all the three of you.'

Shaan winked at Ryan and Megan. They continued to search for the power supply while Shaan started inviting Anti-Cursor for a fight.

'If you are willing to fight, I shall not let you down. I shall come myself to throw you down.'

A big black cursor appeared out of thin air just above the monitor.

'I shall decimate all of you. But I want the human race to know the perils of challenging the Anti-Cursor.'