Chalpter Eleven

I was trying not to frown but with the presence of the three people sitting on the couch across from me, it was quite hard not to.

"So why did you come here?" I asked my dad.

Last night he had called saying they arrived in the city and would come visit me during the day. I had obviously refused but my mom said it was fine as long as they were gone with no traces of them left behind.

"I wanted to see you." Dad said.

"Yeah but why here? You could have called me to a cafe or even your own house." I said and my dad frowned at my tone.

"That is no way to greet your father after seeing him four years later." My dad said sternly and I sighed rubbing my eyes tiredly.

I glanced at his left where Mira was sitting scrolling on her phone. She grew beautifully with short straight black hair that stopped at her shoulders and her tan skin was glowing. She had beautiful green eyes that had a very cold and distant look. She also had a huge tattoo on her right shoulder, I didn't know what it was but it was very beautiful.

She shared a big ressemblance to her mother, Makenzie with the same hair and eye colour. But unlike Mira who was wearing a white tank top and blue jeans Mackenzie was wearing a dark red blouse with a black skirt that gave her a very formal look. My dad himself was wearing a black suit and a dark red tie matching Mackenzie's blouse.

They were definitely overdressed.

What an odd couple.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" I asked after the awkward silence that followed my father's words.

"Do you have wine? Red wine?" Mackenzie asked with a sickly sweet smile.

"No." I replied and her eyebrows raised. "What kind of household does not contain wine? Doesn't your mother drink, dear?" She asked with the same smile.

"Mine and no my mother doesn't drink." I said with my usual calm composure.

"Since when?" My dad asked surprised before quickly hiding it.

Since you left her.

"It's been awhile." I answered instead.

"Can we just have water?" Mira said with an eye roll and than glanced back at her phone.

"Um sure." I said and got up to go to the kitchen.

I was getting the water jug out of the fridge when someone rang the doorbell. I was rather surprised to find Lee standing at my doorstep with a grin.

"Lee? What are you doing here?" I asked frantically.

This was not how I wanted him to meet my father.

"I didn't see you at lunch so I asked Anissa and she said you didn't come cause of "personal reasons" and I got worried so I decided to come here after school." He said.

"I can leave if you want..." he said unsurely noticing how I wasn't jumping in his arms at the sight of him.

"No it's just-" before I could finish what I was about to say someone cut me off.

"Who's that?" Mira asked and when I glanced behind me to look at her I noticed she was staring up and down at Lee with a glint in her eyes.

I immediately frowned and grabbed Lee's hand to pull him into the house and closer to me.

"My boyfriend." I said my hand tightly holding his. I noticed Lee glancing down at me with an amused glint in his eyes before looking back at Mira curiously.

"Oh okay. I came to see what was taking so long." Mira said and all interest left her as she shrugged and walked back into the living room.

Even after realizing she had lost any kind of interest in Lee after finding out that he was my boyfriend my body was still tensed and I still hadn't released my tight hold on his hand.

"Hey, you okay?" Lee said all amusement gone from his face as he stared at me with concern. "Who was she anyways?"

"My dad's girlfriend's daughter." I replied while sneaking away from the living and dragging Lee to my room.

"Arabella! Where are you going and who's that boy?" I could hear my dad from downstairs but I didn't bother to reply and instead shut the door of my room.

"Her boyfriend, they will be back soon." I had heard Mira reply before I shut my door completely.

"What's your dad doing here? Is that why you didn't come to school?" Lee asked and I nodded.

"I don't know what exactly he's doing here but he said something about wanting to see me." I said as we plopped down on the bed.

"What was that about earlier?" Lee asked scooting closer to me and grabbing my hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked dumbly and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You know the way you reacted when that girl came. I mean it was cute seeing you jealous but..." Lee trailed off and I sighed.

"I just don't want anyone stealing you away from me." I murmured.

"No one is going to steal me away Ara. I like you and only you." Lee said while rubbing circles on my hand.

"I know.... it's just..."

"It's just what?" Lee asked.

"Feelings can change." I muttered and wanted to groan at how insecure I sounded.

But I couldn't help it.

Lee's face softened at my words and he let go of my hand and grabbed my waist to pull me to sit sideways on his lap with my legs spread out on the bed. He put his chin on my shoulder and I curled up into him, my body finally loosing its tension.

"I know that feelings can change. But I also know how strong mine are. I'm not one to get swayed easily. I like you and only you. I want to get to know you more. I want to spend all my time with you. All I think about these days is you. I want to fall hopelessly in love with you. And no one else but you." Lee said tightening his arms around me and my eyes watered.

"I'm sorry... I do trust you I don't want you to think I don't it's just..." I trailed off with guilt and Lee raised his hand to wipe my eyes before hugging me to him.

"Shhh I know, I know. It's okay." He said rubbing my back and I clutched the back of his shirt tightly. Not ever wanting to let go.

"You're not going to lose me to anyone okay? I want you to know that I'm only yours and no one is going to get my attention but you." He said and I nodded.

"Same goes for you. I like you and only you." I said and poked his stomach which made him laugh.

"You better." He said with narrowed eyes and I giggled softly pecking his lips.

"Come on we should go downstairs before my dad bursts in here with rage." I said and we both laughed before making our way downstairs.