Deny - JJ Maybank

A/N: I let myself go a little bit so it's almost 3k words :). Warnings: abuse

Being friends with JJ Maybank wasn't always fun and easy. Most of the time you had fun. You had the most amazing memories with JJ. You would go down to the beach at night, the surfs you two had, the days on the boat with your other friends. Lately that all turned around. The fun moments, where filled with silence, crazy thoughts and more crazy moments. JJ got beaten up by his dad even more and there was nothing you could do about. You drifted away from the group mentally. You kept thinking about JJ, about how bad you felt for him, how much you wanted to help him, to be there for him when he needed you, because you know how it feels. You know how it is to have a drunk parent in the house. You tried to be a good friend, you try so hard, but you were slipping away. This life wasn't easy anymore and looking back, it never was.

"Y/N, are you okay?" It was John B to ask you that. You were laying on the boat, looking at the sky. JJ wasn't with you. He wasn't at home when you went to pick him up.

"I'm fine," you mumbled, both knowing it was a lie.

"We all can see that something is going on," Kie said. You looked up. Seeing you were almost home.

"Like I said, i'm fine. Just having an off day," you say. They didn't say anything more. They continued to talk about the Royal Merchant, that it would have to be somewhere. You lost it. You stood up and jumped in the water.

"What the hell, Y/N!" Kie shouted at you.

"I'll see you tomorrow," you say and start swimming to the shore, ignoring the yelling of your friends. You climbed out of the water and you stared walking home. You slowly realized what just happened. You ditched your friends. You walked away without telling them. They know something is up, you all agreed not to lie to each other and now you are. you're lying to everyone and you can't handle it anymore. You want to go back in time. You want to be a kid again, to not have to worry about a single thing. You sit down on a fallen tree and bury your face in your hands. You're pushing your friends away. You don't want it, but you do it anyway. You push them away and you don't know why. You haven't even noticed that you were crying until the sobs leaves your mouth, finding it hard to breath.

"Y/N? What the hell happened?" You look up to see JJ standing in front of you.

"Nothing," you say, but your voice betrays you. It's raw and he knows you have been crying. "I just went for a swim." JJ sits down next to you. "Where were you this morning?" you ask, trying to change the subject.

"I went surfing."

"You left."

"Like I said, I was surfing. I needed to think. How about you. What happened?"

"Like I said, I went for a swim. I'll see you tomorrow." You stand up and leave him behind. You push another friend away.

Arrive at home, you can see that your dad is already waiting in front of the window. You want to turn around and never come back. But he has already seen you. He runs out of the house.

"And where have you been?" He yells.

"Just studying with Kiara."

"That's why you're all wet? You little piece of shit!" He walks towards you. He grabs you by the hair and drags you inside. You try to keep yourself together, but you fall apart as soon as the first hits get you.

"You are nothing! You are worthless. Nobody loves you." That all continues until you black out. You don't feel it anymore. You drift away into the blackness, back to the fun memories from when you were little.