26

** Hey guys! Just a heads up, I'm getting surgery tomorrow so whatever chapters I post today are probably gonna be the last few for at least 2-3 days. Not a super long time, I'll probably honestly start writing in recovery lol, but I just wanted to let you guys know :) 

When I pull up in front of Matt's house I'm feeling surprisingly calm. I called Shane on the drive over and we've been talking about pretty much anything but how I'm about to break up with Matt, just so that I have a distraction. 

"Alright," I say to Shane, 

"Ok, good luck Sophie. Call me after if you're up for it," He responds over the speakerphone. 

"Will do," I hang up and take a deep breath.

Matt buzzes me in and I knock on his apartment door, he opens it up smiling, as if we didn't get into a fight at all this morning. 

"Hey babe!" He says, stepping aside so I can come in. 

"Hey Matt,"

"So i was thinking we could try and make this amazing salad I had at a restaurant a few days ago for dinner, I'm starving-" He starts, heading towards his kitchen. When he realizes I'm not following he pauses, looking confused.

"Matt I actually wanted to talk to you about something," I say, he rolls his eyes. 

"Are we gonna talk about this morning because honestly, that was so stupid," For a second I think he's actually going to apologize, "Shane is such a dick, it's like he's trying to break us apart."

I laugh and Matt looks offended, 

"You're so! I-" I don't even know what to say, I am honestly surprised how much of an idiot this guy is turning out to be. "Shane isn't the dick Matt."

"I don't understand why you're always picking him over me!" Matt says, 

"I never did that Matt! Do you know how many times I canceled on plans with him and Ryan because you felt like we 'never see each other'!? I dated you! I picked you Matt!" I say, Matt scoffs. 

Now he looks really pissed, 

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean!? 'Dated', like we're not still-" He starts, his voice getting louder. 

"It means it's over Matt!" I interrupt him, "I don't want this anymore, you're not even close to the guy I thought you were," I spit. I didn't want this to get toxic but Matt just... he just pisses me off! 

"What so you're breaking up with me? Just because I told you to quit Unsolved?" He asks, I laugh, 

" Yes, just because you told me to quit unsolved," I roll my eyes. 

"You're so obsessed with him!" Matt yells. I recoil, confused.

"What-" 

"Constantly 'Shane this' and 'Shane that'," Matt is really getting upset now. 

"I'm not obsessed with him Matt, he's my friend..." I say, trying to calm down, 

"He's a fucking freak! Why do you even like him?" Matt yells. Ok, now I'm pissed. 

"He's not freak!" I yell, Matt rolls his eyes, "You're the freak Matt! You're the psychopath who's always trying to control me!" I admit it's a little dramatic but I'm just... ugh!

"Oh so now I'm a psychopath?" Matt laughs, I roll my eyes and grab the door handle. 

"Matt I didn't want this to happen like this-" I start, pulling the door open. Next thing I know he's right next to me, slamming his hand into the door and closing it before I can fully open it. I sigh,