28

** I'm back! Updates probably wont be regular for a little while :( but here's a short, fun little chapter for now!

We're about a week out from filming supernatural season three and I think I might be the most excited I've been for these trips in a while. The line up this season is just stellar honestly. And rather than filming over the course of a month or two, flying back and forth from L.A. to each location, we're doing the shoots in a straight shot.

The plan is to fly into Arizona to visit Vulture Mine, from there we're headed to Texas for the infamous Goatman's bridge. From there we're going to Pennsylvania for Pennhurst Asylum and Eastern State Penitentiary, and to finish off the trip we're flying overseas to London to visit the London Tombs, Viaduct Tavern and Colchester Castle. While we're in London we'll also be doing an episode for the True Crime season on Jack the Ripper.

Usually, we would break up the traveling a little more, spend a week back home in L.A. between trips, but this season we realized none of us had any obligation to be home in L.A, and it ends up being less traveling in the long run if we just leapfrog our way across the country and over to the U.K.   All in all, we're planning on traveling for almost 2 weeks straight and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm at my desk talking to Ryan about our plans when Shane comes over smiling, he raises his eyebrows.

"So who's coming to the beach with me after work?" He asks, sitting on top of my desk. Ryan and I quirk our eyebrows. We may live in California but we don't actually hit the beach as often as you might think, it's a long drive with all the traffic.

"You're going to the beach?" Ryan asks, Shane nods,

"We're gonna be far, far away from the sunny shores of California for a while," he says, looking into the distance dramatically, "I might miss it once it's gone!"

"Shane we're gonna be gone for like two weeks, I'm pretty sure the last time you went to the beach was more than two weeks ago!" I laugh, Shane shrugs,

"I didn't know I couldn't go to the beach without being interrogated!" He jokes and I roll my eyes playfully, "so you guys coming or not?" He asks.

"Sure I'll come!" I say, leaning back in my office chair.

"Mari and I are having a game night with some of her friends tonight," Ryan says, "sorry guys!"

"No worries," Shane says, hopping off from where he was perched on my desk, "Sophie, I'll pick you up at 6!" he says, shooting finger guns at me and strolling off to go do god knows what around the office.

"Wow, so he was not disappointed that I had plans at all!" Ryan jokes, i know what he's getting at but choose to act oblivious.

"He's just bottling up the pain Ry, gotta keep up the cold exterior," I say and Ryan rolls his eyes,

"I'm sure that's what it was..." he jokes and I try not to smirk. It's true that lately Shane has been more and more content to hang out with me alone whenever Ryan has plans, but I've tried not to look too deep into that.

...

When I get back from work I quickly change into something a little better for beach-going. I don't expect we'll actually be going in the ocean, the sun will be setting soon anyways, so I don't bring a swimsuit. Instead, I just grab a towel, a book, and my water bottle. I toss my stuff in a beach bag and then plop down on my couch while I wait for Shane's text.