35

** umm lmk how this reached #1 in the shanemadej tag and #5 in the unsolved tag?? I'm-!!! Thank you guys so much for reading, voting and commenting, I really appreciate it! Hope you guys are still having fun with this because I am! Even if it's taking me a little longer to update (sorry quarantine is finally semi-lifted here and I've been trying to socially distantly see friends and work has started againnn ugh). Anyways! New chapter here lol —->

The next day we're heading out to Colchester castle, about an hour and half from the city. We'll be making a day out of it and going out earlier than usual so we can explore the surrounding town of Colchester. Somehow Devon called and convinced our management to let us rent a car for the rest of the trip because Uber-ing everywhere was actually starting to look more expensive.

We all pile into the rental car at around noon after a slow start this morning. It's a little cramped, with Devon and TJ up front, Shane, Ryan and I all squished in the second row and all our equipment packed into the back. I almost feel like a kid on a road trip with my family. it's crazy to think I've gotten so close to these people over the course of just about 2 years now, that at this point we're practically a little road-family.

I feel Ryan's elbow jab into my stomach and think yeah, this is definitely what  family feels like.

"Ryan-" I start, we've been in the car for about an hour now, when I look over, the Bergster is fast asleep. I almost laugh, he looks kinda like a little kid with his head leaning against the window and his mouth slightly open. I decide I'll put up with his elbow in my side just for a little while.

"My legs!" Shane groans on the other side of me. He starts fidgeting in his seat.

"Shane it's only been an hour!" I say,

"'I was not made for small spaces!" He replies, and before I can stop him he's turning in his seat and stretching his legs across Ryan and I.
"Eh?" Ryan wakes up with a start to the sight of Shane's shoes basically in his face, "dude!" He yells.

"Just for a minute!" Shane argues, I shake my head and start shoving his legs off my lap.

"Not happening Madej!" I reply, unfortunately I can't quite build up the momentum I need to move this giant man when I'm trapped behind a prison of legs. Shane laughs at my effort,

"This is actually great!" He says, "I think I'll start doing this on planes too." He has his head resting on the window and he's facing Ryan and I to make this stunt possible. TJ looks back from the passenger seat and starts laughing.

"TJ! This is not funny we're being crushed by a giants legs here!" Ryan replies, pushing Shane's feet back towards him. Unfortunately Ryan pushes them in such a way that, involuntarily, Shane's knees bend upwards and boom- I get a knee straight to the face.

Pain blooms over my temple and for a second the edges of my vision pulse black.

"Oh-" I hear Ryan start, trying to hold back laughter.

"Jesus!" TJ breaks into laughter, meanwhile Shane has quickly retracted his legs,

"Oh my god!" Shane says, "you ok Soph?" He asks carefully. I have my hand over my face where the knee collided.

"Shane," I start, "Ryan... you guys are fucking idiots!" I break out laughing, the pain quickly receding. Shane looks relieved that I'm not actually too hurt or pissed at him.

"Sorry!" Ryan says, "that was partially my fault!"

"Yeah sorry about that Soph! Lesson learned!" Shane chimes in, raising his arms in surrender. I shake my head, smiling.