14.

It were as if hundreds of voice were speaking at once. From hushed whispers, to screamed out panicked cries for help, Edward heard them all at once. What worried him was that he couldn't hear Emery's. Even though he wasn't entirely used to the sound of her own, he heard her soft laughter and the mellowy tone of her voice a few times when she was with Alice and Jasper.

The Cullen tried to focus on singling out the voices, but every time he would try to, another voice would come out and raise it's voice in an undeniable shrill, faltering his focus.

Edward didn't realize that he was quickly losing energy, nor did he feel the pulsing color of green rising and falling down his cheeks in tear form, the golden hue of his eyes coming back to. His weak stature felt as if he lost a fight, and felt his body falling towards the hospital's floor.

Pain seared through him in a frenzy that he had never once felt before. Even when he was turned, the pain was felt all over. But now the pain was only felt on the side of his head. Hand shakily raising, Edward forced himself to touch the porcelain skin that stretched around his entirety, and felt his already stilled heart shake.

Wet warmth seeped through his fingertips and down his forearm, the scent of blood overwhelming his senses, although the hunger didn't follow. Panic rose throughout his entire body as it shook. His heart slammed against his chest in a way it hasn't in years, and with the overwhelming urge to open his eyes, he finally did.

Edward found himself lying down on concrete, with blood surrounding his body. Scraped skin against the side of his head made blood flow into his eyes, and he tried to blink it out. The tears that were once green were now red, and he tried to push himself up, but paused as he took in his surroundings.

Looking back down on the school's concrete, he froze as realization took it's place.

He was living out Emery's accident. He was the one hurt.

His arm jerked in pain at the position he was now sitting in, and with a wince, Edward situated himself to face the side of the parking lot facing the woods.

Two tall figures stood next to the outskirts of the darkened trails to the woods, and one slowly pushed his hood back.

A grin stretched against the young man's face, causing Edward to tense up and freeze in the puddle of his blood.

"Do you feel that? The pain?" The young man asked, his voice ringing out in a playful tone. The silence surrounding them made Edward freeze, his eyes fluttering around in panic as he took in the students and the teachers' frozen bodies.

Bella stood at his side, her hands soaked in his blood and clutching at his arm that was twisted in the opposite direction.

Jasper and Alice were at his feet, their faces twisted in a way that screamed out agony.

Charlie was half way out of his cruiser, his eyes wide in panic, with one foot out of the door.

The man that stood at the right of the other sighed out to silence the other, although the man showed his own amusement within his glistening eyes.

"She doesn't like things that play within our nature, boy. You should be warned, that if you continue to put other's in danger, well." The grin that stretched onto the man's lips placed a certain fear in Edward that he had never felt once before.

But his fear quickly turned into anger as he challenged their hypocrisy.

"You're the reason why she's hurt. If you hadn't done what you did, she wouldn't be lying down in a hospital bed right now." He hissed out, his body jerking as their eyes darkened and they began to walk closer to his now unmoving body.