t w e n t y f i v e

10:39 PM

"markie! pass me the the cake!" donghyuck said and smiled at the older who only playfully rolled his eyed and passed the boy a piece of cake.

renjun snickered. "that's like, your fourth slice."

"well, i dont care. i've only tasted cake for about two times my whole life here and it's always good." the tanned boy said and munched on the piece of sweet dessert on his plate.

kiyeon smiled at them and cut a small slice of her cake as well, taking a good amount on her fork before turning to her side and brought it up to the boy's mouth.

"open up, strawberry head."

jaemin chuckled at the nickname and gladly accepted the dessert in his mouth. they were able to get him down to the backyard to celebrate the few hours of the day before the clock strikes 12 for kiyeon's birthday.

the sweet flavours of the cake had pleased the boy and immediately wanted more. "this is good!" he said and smiled with bits of pieces of the cake on the corners of his lips.

the girl grabbed a tissue and gently wiped the icing and crumbs off his lips.

"can we go swimming again tomorrow for kiyeon's birthday?" chenle excitedly asked and jumped on his seat.

kiyeom thought about it and decided, why not? they should all have fun for her birthday.

"sure!"

🎂

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"

they all burst into laughters as donghyuck messed up in the game they were playing.

the tanned male whined and slammed his character on the game board and stood up, arms crossed and face scrunched up. "i hate this game!"

jisung laughed. "you're just a sore loser and won't accept thue fact that you got yourself into prison!" he said in between laughs and held his stomach.

donghyuck was about to pounce on the younger boy until taeyong held him back by grabbing the fabrics of his shirt.

"okay now stop it. its almost 12 o clock!"

and at the mention of the time, everyone suddenly got excited.

11:57 PM

jeno and mark suddenly scrambled back inside to get something which kiyeon didn't know what. she was completely confused. the other guys seemed like they knew about what was happening except her.

and after a few seconds, the two boys came back with a tray of freshly baked cookies with a lit candle in the middle.

then, donghyuck started singing the 'happy birthday' song in the most exaggerated and extra way as possible, adding bits of high notes and his own melody to it while holding a fork as his imaginary microphone.

"sorry that we couldn't wait for midnight to eat the cake so instead we got you cookies!" chenle said and gave a toothy grin at the birthday girl.

kiyeon teared up a little and looked at the tray of her favorite sweet pastry. "thank you guys, so much."

"now blow the candle!" taeyong smiled.

11:59 PM

the girl closed her eyes and thought of her birthday wish before blowing out the candle.

"i wish we stay together forever"

12:00 AM

kiyeon opened her eyes and smiled widely.

but it turned into a frown the second she looked around.

all of the boys except taeyong, clutching their chests with the most painful expression ever. donghyuck fell on the ground as he couldn't bare the pain, screaming loudly.

jeno and mark had let go of the tray, all of the food falling down on the floor as taeyong catches the two boys before they fall too.

kiyeon's heart started beating rapidly.

"w-what's going on..?"

jisung was on the floor, gripping the table with his knuckles turning white as he screamed in pain.

chenle felt like he couldn't breathe. renjun tried to comfort the younger but he himself was hurting as well. his head felt like it was being hammered to the ground a million times.

what's worse was that jaemin stopped moving.

he stopped breathing.

a bracelet appeared on kiyeon's wrist the second she ran towards the boy and tried to wake him up.

a 24 hour timer had showed up on the bracelet.