Empty ~ 5

-> This chapter may contain some triggering moments, please be careful<-

******
"Master!" Allen yelled, "Master wait! Please!"

"Allen your path is set. Your destiny is written. It is your choice if you choose to accept it." Cross lowered his cigarette, blowing a puff of smoke. He looked down at an exhausted and panting Allen.

"B-But M-Master how..." Allen started, trying to talk but coming out in a stuttered mess.

"Stupid boy," Cross started walking away, deeper in the field of hay. Allen stood up chancing after his master but never could get close. It was like Cross Marian was leaving him behind while he fought so hard trying to keep up with him.

"Master, please! Don't leave me," Allen cried, tears falling down his face.

From afar Cross Marian turned around, facing him. Allen kept running but to no avail could he reach Cross.

"Allen listen, form your own path. Don't let the Order or anyone else form it for you," Cross sighed, smiling for the first time in a long time. Allen watched everything. He was shocked to his master smile. But he needed him. He wanted him with him again. He didn't want to be alone. Not now, not ever!

"P-Please Master don't leave me!" Allen hiccuped, tripping over his foot and falling down. He was on his knees his hands holding himself up. His eyes lowered to the ground as he cried.

"I don't want to be alone! Please, please, please stay! Stay with me!" Allen cried out in pain.

Cross was slowly disappearing from view, "you're never alone Allen," Cross finally said before disappearing completely from view.

Allen cried in agony.

He didn't want to be alone.

He wanted someone.

Something.

"MASTER!"

Allen woke up, startled. His heart racing and his body drenched in sweat he frantically looked around trying to find any sign of his Master, Cross Marian.

Timcanpy could feel something was bothering Allen so the small golden golem flew up and nuzzled Allen's neck, which snapped the boy out of his train of thought.

"Tim?" Allen asked, taking a deep breath in and breathing out. He slumped forward, raising his left hand, the black ink that covers it almost looks like an abyss. One where he could be sucked in and never return to reality.

"Did I fall asleep?" He asked, pulling the blankets off of him. He grabbed the edge of the mattress in his hand, clutching it harshly. Standing up a dizzy spell hit him, which led to him sitting on the edge of the bed again. He shook his head ridding himself from the dizzy feeling.

Finally, after a few minutes, he tried standing up again. He slowly made his way to the restroom that was connected to his room, walking inside he looked into the mirror. He hated what he saw, himself. So weak and frail.

But he also saw the shadow of the Fourteenth smiling back at him. He balled his hands into fists and smashed the mirror. He panted, eyes wide and his fist slowly bleeding. He slumped forward catching himself with his free hand against the counter.

Allen moved his bloody fist and examined it. Suddenly laugher erupted, not one of joy and happiness but one filled with dread and loneliness.

"I could end it right here and now," he laughed out, watching his hand bleed.