Chapter 52: Fade

*Deep breath* HiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiI!

HOPE YOU'RE ALL DOING WELL AND HANGING IN THERE AND STAYING HEALTHY! THESE ARE UNCERTAIN TIMES BUT I PROMISE WE'RE GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!! LIVE IN LOVE AND STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN AND THERE IS NO ROOM FOR RACISM AND HATE!!!

XOXOXOXO.

Please spread this story to your friends, give this chapter a vote, and leave lots of feedback for lil' ol' me to read! 

Find me on social media!! Katrocks247 for Twitter & Instagram! ;) 

            "Death? Death!" I rushed right over to him, my hands lunging for the cuffs around his wrists, but when my fingers touched the chain, some sort of magic fired back at me and stung my skin. A surge of electricity rushed through me and I fell to my knees, my teeth gnashing together. "Shi-i-i-i-i-it!" I fell forward, breathing hard as I my body continued to shake and chatter like maracas. "Je-e-e-sus Christ!"

"Wrong..."

My head jerked upward. Death was looking down at me through half-open lids, his irises pinkish red as hell with Layla's potion. "Hey," I said, standing up and reaching toward him, careful as I touched his bare chest. "Hey, you're okay. I'm going to get you out of here. I'm going to figure this out."

"Pretty." His eyes clung to my lips with a less intense version of Ace's love-struck stupid, goofy grin plastered on his fanged mouth.

My mouth tightened. "You have got to be kidding me." Glancing over my shoulder at yet another empty room, I started brainstorming.

"Alright," I said, clapping once as I looked back at Death. "Clearly you're still under Layla's spell."

Death tilted his head all the way down until his head flopped, blatantly staring down at my chest. "Yummy."

I grabbed his chin up with my gloved hand and lifted his head up. "Hey," I said extra sweetly, as his tongue darted out to try and lick my thumb on his skin. "I know you're riding an empath demon high, or whatever, but I need you to try and focus for like five seconds and tell me how to get you free. Because that shock I got earlier? Yeah, that sucked booty."

"Yes," Death said.

"Yes?"

"Suck booty."

"Are you understanding anything that I'm saying?"

Death nodded and I thought maybe he'd been putting this on thick. Suddenly laughter burst out of him like a raspberry, which somehow turned into silent sobs. "I'm so horny it hurts."

"That's it. You're freaking me the hell out!" Unable to deal with this anymore, I pointed a finger gun at him like I had with Romeo and the empath twins and shut my eyes. "Lo siento!" I managed a tiny zap of light fired, which exploded on Death's pectoral.

Death snarled on impact, his bare skin sizzling as his whole body momentarily locked from the shock. Plumes of red evaporate from his blackened skin, swirling away from his eyes as his familiar mismatched green returned.

"FUCK!" His roar thundered the room and the lights actually flickered, his muscles bulging as he ground his fangs together. His head tilted up and groaned in discomfort, catlike pupils tightening under the light above him as he gazed at me. "Faith? Ow!" He twitched, tilted his head down to his chest. "Really?! You fried my fucking nipple! What is up with you and my goddamn––" Realizing his hands were shackled, his features turned livid. He writhed in the restraints and yanked hard, growling like an animal. "What... the...fuck?"