I promise-John B

It was a Saturday morning I was laying in bed, partially asleep. I had the cover drawn close to my face and I was laying on my side. It had to be early because the sunlight was barely peeking in from the small window across the room.

I opened my eyes slightly, glancing around the room, seeing all the little thing my boyfriend had accumulated over time, in his bedroom. I smiled at his posters that hung on his wall. My eyes grew heavy so I closed them again, drifting back off.

I felt a shift in the bed and a strong arm laid heavy on my side. John B placed his front to my back, creating a big spoon. He nuzzled his face into my neck, leaning little kisses.

"Good morning, beautiful."
He whispered against my hair.

"Mhhhm, morning."
I responded sleepily.

"How did you sleep, Y/n?"
He asked, tracing small circles on my hip.

"Good."
I whispered, shifting to face him so we were front to front.
"But it's better now."
I smirked, snuggling up closer to him.

"Is it now?"
He laughed, kissing my forehead.

"Mhmmm."
I respond, my eyes admiring his facial features..
His strong jaw, his piercing eyes, his curly messy hair, his pouty lips.
I placed my fingers to his lips, tracing them. I pulled the bottom one back and released it....it made a popping sound when it returned to its rightful spot.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"
He asked, his cheeks growing flushed and his eyes held confusion and embarrassment.

"What do you mean?"
I laughed and furrowed my brows.
"How am I looking at you?"

"I don't know, your just like, your just looking at me so intently, so focused."
He let out a sharp breath.
"It's kinda like, your, I don't even know."
He shook his head, rolling his eyes.

I smiled and grabbed l placed a hand on his chin, directing his gaze towards mine.
"I'm admiring you."
I giggled and retracted my hand away.

"But why?!"
He laughed and shook his head as if he was confused by the entire thought of admiring him.

"You cute, your sweet, you dorky, your strong, your confident, your trustworthy, your hot, yo-"

"Stop it!"
He covered my mouth.

I laughed underneath.
"Not until you believe it."
I pulled his hand away, but I pulled it back placing a kiss on it.

John B's eyes looked shocked yet satisfied. Tears began to brim and his lip quivered. He looked away quickly.

"Baby, what's wrong?"
I ask, kissing all over his face. Trying to comfort him.

"No ones ever...I don't know, they haven't looked at me...like you just did."
He wiped an eye and was trying to regain composure.
"It's just...ugh! I don't know how to describe it, I'm not an emotional person and I don't deserve you, like I've done a lot of stuff and like...you're so innocent and sweet and I don't know how I got you."

I moved closer to him, nuzzling my head in his neck. Just wanting to be close to him.
I pulled back a few moments later, looking in his eyes.

"Baby, I don't think you realize how much you mean to me. Like, I love you John Booker Rutledge and there is nothing you can do to change that. I don't care about what you did in the past...I care about us...now." I kissed him softly.

"You promise, babygirl?"
He asked, tracing his fingers over my arm.

"I promise, Baby."
I snuggled closer while pulling the covers back up over our bodies. Enjoying the innocent intimacy of just cuddling and being with each other.