Chp. 63

~ ~ ~ ~MEGAN’S POV~ ~ ~ ~

“Are you sure you’re up for this one?”

I looked at Sam who was currently being strapped into her seat, her slight smirk playing on her pink lips. I nodded, “Of course I am.”

We were spending the day at an amusement park, which was sort of Sam and Tony’s idea considering Blair, Shawn, and I hadn’t really agreed nor disagreed, but we were having fun. The park worker checked our harnesses once more and then stepped away, allowing the roller-coaster to start its treacherous climb up the tracks.

Blair was sitting in the row in front of us and attempted to turn her face towards Sam. I heard her mumble, “Sam, I really hate you and Tony right now.”

Sam’s laughed echoed in my ears as she responded, “Stop being a pussy, it’ll be fun.”

“You know I don’t like big roller-coasters like this.”

I watched Tony take her hand and smiled to myself, and then I glanced at Sam who was readying herself next to me. The pull of gravity was forcing my head back into my seat, and I knew the infamous drop was coming so I silently prepared myself for it.

Then we were at the top, looking down over the entire park as I heard Sam yell, “Put your hands up!”

The drop came suddenly, my stomach tightening at the motion of falling as I felt my hand grab the nearest thing which so happened to be Sam’s knee. The wind rushed through my dark hair and my head was pressed against the head-rest as I closed my eyes, feeling my body twist and turn from the tracks.

And then we were coming to a halt.

The harnesses released us and Sam was smiling, “You were grabbing me pretty hard.”

I smiled, “I can’t say I’m a fan of roller-coasters.”

She frowned, “Oh come on, that’s the healthiest rush you’re ever going to get!”

I shook my head, “I’m not an adrenaline junkie like you.”

We met with Shawn at the bottom of the ride because he had decided to sit this one out and go get him something to drink. He waved us over and spoke, “One of you screamed like a little girl.”

Tony pointed next to him, laughing, “That was Blair.”

Blair shoved him and laughed, “Shut up, it was a scary ride okay.”

We began walking to the next ride which seemed to have quite the crowd waiting to ride, which meant we would be standing in line for a while. Sam and I were walking behind everyone else, and something triggered my brain to think back to last night.

We had taken a big step, especially Sam whenever she had finally opened up to me and told me that she did feel something special for me. Sam wasn’t the kind of person to admit vulnerabilities to herself, and even if she did she would never tell you about them. But last night she had proved me wrong in admitting that she had given her heart to me, and that I had the power to hurt her if I wanted to.