Chapter 18: The long awaited match! Who will win?

Zoro's POV
     "I love you dork face. And no matter what happens at the match tomorrow I will never stop loving you." Those words just kept echoing through my mind over and over again. As much as I wanted to win and prove to everyone that I could be the greatest swordsman, I didn't want to crush her dreams. She's made me feel a way that no person has ever made me feel before. All of me just wants to let this tournament go and forget the whole thing, but I know how much this means to her. I walked over to the door and sighed before walking through it to be met by cheers. This was it. The final match. The decider of fate. She smiled as I walked up to her. Her smile looked more forced than usual, almost like she was planning something.
"This is our final match to decide who is the greatest swordsman out there besides myself! The match seems to already be dramatic seeing as it's lover against lover! I officially call the match as started!" Mihawk yelled to everyone watching us.
Carly and I raised our swords and I placed the third in my mouth.
"Ready?" She asked with a grin on her face. I nodded and she swung one of her swords straight at me. I dodged with ease and quickly took the opportunity to hit her. My sword almost grazed her arm before she pulled it away. My eyes narrowed, this was not going to be easy.

We've gone back and forth for nearly eight minutes, neither of us being capable of hitting the other.
"*pant* i-if you are going easy on me moss head just because I'm your girlfriend, I suggest you try harder." Carly panted, now dripping in sweat. Like Carly, I was also feeling a bit tired. The match has been running long and neither of us are close to victory.

Carly's POV

(10 minutes earlier)

"Please tell me you are joking!" Nami exclaimed very surprised at my words. I shook my head no and she gasped.
"Zoro's not gonna be happy.." she whispered leaning back against the wall. I nodded. Ever since our talk last night I have put lots of thought into the match today. A plan came across my mind last night while trying to sleep. Every part of me tried to tell myself that it was crazy, that so much good could come out of this battle. Then I realized that so much sorrow could as well, and I'm not gonna let people down anymore. Nami got up from the ground slowly before walking over and patting my back.
"You are making a brave choice Carly, and I'll be with you every step of the way." Nami smiled as the heartfelt words escaped her mouth. My lips curved into a sweet smiled as I hugged her quickly and went out to face Zoro. A little bit of me was scared of how he would feel, but this is how it has to be.

(8 minutes later)

"*pant* i-if you are going easy on me moss head just because I'm your girlfriend, I suggest you try harder." I sighed panting every so often. The match started a little bit ago as still neither of us have been able to take down the other. Sweat was now forming in a puddle around me seeing as how tired I was. My plan was finally coming full circle and I was ready. My head turned to look at a bright smiling Nami who was holding two thumbs. I smiled and looked straight into Zoro's weary eyes. He gasped as I shoved both of my swords into the wooden floor of the boat. Everyone was suddenly quiet and every eye was on me. A loud clank was heard which made me turn my head to look at Zoro who was shaking and had dropped his swords in the process. Mihawk ran over from his spot and stood next to me awaiting me to speak.
"The match is Zoro's, I surrender." I whispered into the mans ear before walking back to the door I came out of. Before going in I gave a small smile to the ground in front of me and headed inside the depths of the boat. I walked back to my room feeling proud of what I had done. Zoro deserved this win more than I ever could.