Chapter 9 (the final chapter): Don't Be Afraid! Our Future!

Carly's POV
"Why would I ever be with someone else, when I already have the most amazing girl to love?" Zoro's words sunk into my brain. I felt a few more tears fall as he said this. After all I've done to him... all I've put him through, he still loves me all the same.
"B-but-.." I tried to speak, but that was all that would come out. I let out a deep breath and looked him right in the eye.
"Can I be honest with you about something?" I asked quietly. He smiled and nodded.
"You can tell me anything." he said softly while placing his hand on my scarred cheek. What I was about to tell him has been going through my head for years, but I've been too afraid to admit it.
"I-I'm afraid of myself Zoro. I'm afraid that I could hurt someone that I truly care about. I've hurt so many people, I-I've become unstable." I paused while looking up at him.
"People I met used to tell me this, they would say that I'm some kind of mistake... that I can't be fixed." The words spilled from my mouth, everything that haunted me was now being said. Zoro... smiled. He pushed some stray hairs away from my face and held my cheek in his large hand.
"They're right.... You can't be fixed Carly. You can't be fixed because you're not broken!" he exclaimed, happier than usual. I pushed him away from me and crossed my arms.
"You're wrong Zoro, I'm not a good person and I don't deserve someone like you! I'm not gonna stay to hurt you anymore!" I yelled. Zoro's unusual smile turned back to his usual frown.
"You know what leave if you truly want to. I'm not gonna stop you if you really don't wanna be here or with me anymore. Just know that I won't forget you." Zoro said as he walked past me ready to leave the room. I frowned, I didn't want to break up again... I wanted to stay with him, but I don't want to hurt him.

     All my life I thought fear and anger was what should be your drive or fuel, but I've always been wrong. Strength is not built by hate, the real strength should come from inside your mind and heart. This day in history I saw a glimpse into my future as he looked back at me, his eyes telling what is now and what is to come. I saw events that were destined to happen and some that I had to decide to make for myself. I saw some sadness and violence, but one person stood next to me the whole way through. My future... Our future. Laughter, happiness, love. All those things have changed me. Changed me for the better. I learned from the old me and now live through the new me. Luffy showed me it was okay to laugh about things. Nami taught me the difference between happiness and pain. I can let loose some times and relax like Usopp. Even Sanji helped me grow and I now consider him a friend for that. Lastly, Zoro helped me to learn love again. I won't ever forget about the pain that I've experienced in the past because it's a part of me. Just as love is now. I'm not afraid anymore.

     Running towards Zoro I tackled him in a hug and quickly pressed my lips against his. He looked slightly surprised, but closed his eyes as he kissed back. Pulling apart, I smiled. Not a smile of pain or hurt, but a pure smile filled with nothing but joy. Zoro wiped some tears from my eyes before smiling back. I laughed happily and covered his cheeks in kisses. Zoro picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist before nuzzling my head against his neck. The door opened and everyone else stared at us. Luffy's frown turned into his big signature smile. He pulled all of us together into a big hug, practically crushing us in between his rubber arms. I stood back after the hug and looked at each of the strawhats.
"You don't have to, but I would love it if you would all have me as a straw hat again." I said quietly to the group of pirates. Luffy walked over to me and placed his straw hat on my head before pulling my into a hug.
"You're always welcome as a Straw hat Carly!" he exclaimed while pulling away from the hug.

     We returned back to the Going Merry together. Sanji ran into the kitchen immediately to cook some food to have a celebration. I didn't really think it was necessary seeing as it was just me, but Luffy insisted. The night consisted of food, Luffy trying to play music, and laughter. Everyone was happy again, everything felt normal. After the party, Zoro and I sat together on the deck while everyone was fast asleep. His arm wrapped around me as I leaned my head on his shoulder to look up at the stars.
"Y'know if you're interested, since you had trouble learning the three sword style as a kid.. I'd be willing to train you." Zoro murmured. I looked over at him in complete awe.
"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" I exclaimed while standing up and jumping up and down. Zoro laughed and stood up next to me.
"Alright, alright! Calm down." he laughed, smiling.

     From then on the straw hats were much happier, especially me and Zoro. There were still times when I would get angry, but he was always next to me, helping me every step of the way. If I would go back and tell my younger self about my life now, I don't think the young me would've believed it. I know it would sound kind of cliche to say that Zoro and I lived happily ever after together, but it was true. Zoro and I are with each other through and through, and I couldn't be happier!

One Heck of a Girl! (Roronoa Zoro)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara