10 | DON'T GO

The next morning when Rhys woke, Elia had her eyes locked on him as if trying to startle him awake

The next morning when Rhys woke, Elia had her eyes locked on him as if trying to startle him awake. He stretched, then yawned. "What are you doing?"

"Memorizing your face."

He couldn't remember when he'd had a better night's sleep with a woman curled warm in his arms. His heart was in trouble. Elia Green affected him in ways he'd never dealt with.

"Why?"

She traced a finger across his lips. "Because next week when I'm back home and fantasizing about you, I want to see your face as clearly as I do right now."

He kissed her finger. "So I'll be in your fantasies?"

"More than you know."

There was sadness in her voice, and that made him sad too. Maybe it was the thought of never seeing her again or the chance he might never find another woman who made him perform the way he had last night. Whatever it was, he didn't like it. "Don't go."

"What?"

"You said you leave tomorrow, but it's a long weekend, so stay until Monday. Come home with me."

She sat up, crossed her legs, and adjusted the neckline of her gown. His heart kicked up a notch. Even her modesty turned him on.

Her big brown eyes got bigger. "Seriously?"

"Yeah. I'll throw something on the grill. There's a small lake behind my place. We can go out on the boat."

Her expression told him she was considering it, and he needed to close the deal because he wasn't ready to let her go. He wanted more of her laughter, shyness, even her crazy rants. He wanted to experience the eagerness in her touch and hear the satisfaction in her moans. But most of all, he craved that jump in his pulse. Pushing her back on the bed, he kissed her and then whispered, "Let me see if I can convince you."

[[MATURE THEMES AHEAD]]

He kissed her again, then moved from her mouth to her ear, tracing it with his tongue and lips before shifting to her neck. Her neck had always been one of her more erogenous places, and she exhaled a trembling breath as his talented tongue slowly stoked the sensitive skin, leaving a trail of goosebumps in his wake.

Arryn arched her body into his, wanting him to expedite things, but he clearly seemed to be in no hurry. Down and down he went, kissing her breasts through the delicate fabric until it was wet and clung to her nipples. She sat up so he could pull the gown off of her, leaving her naked except for her panties. Still focused on her breasts, he continued kissing and touching them, varying between soft, feathery sorts of kisses and hard, biting ones that threatened to leave bruises. Just when she thought she couldn't take it anymore, he slid down, trailing his tongue along the smooth skin of her stomach, pausing when he finally reached her thighs.

She reached up to touch him, but he gently pushed her wrists to the bed. "Not yet," he chastised.

When he was sure she wouldn't move her arms, he reached down and fingered the seam of her panties. "How partial are you to these?"