V. THE REPORT OF NIKITA PUROHIT AND FAMILY

Mayra's POV

I took the file and said that I will see you guys at dinner and went to my room. I closed the door and lied on the bed and started to read the file. It stated,

1. The name of the girl is Ms. Nikita Purohit.

2. Her father's name is Mr. Ronak Purohit, mother's name is Mrs. Asha Purohit and they are 35 and 34 years old respectively.

3. The girl is 16 years old and has a younger sister named Arya, who is 2 years old.

4. The Girl is a school going kid, who studies in St. Mary's School and is 2 years away from completing her High School.

5. The family is very poor as the couple doesn't work.

6. The girl is good in studies and has got scholarship when she was in 4th standard.

7. The girl works in a grocery store name Shankar Anaaj bhandhar, where she works after school during weekdays and full day during weekends.

8. She is the sole earner of the family.

9. Her parents take salary from her and doesn't give a penny to her.

10. Her parents are very cruel towards her and abuse her every day.

11. The couple works only when their daughter's salary is finished and they work for max 7 days.

12. They live in a 1 BHK rented flat in Gulshan colony, near Dhansuklal Bus stop.

13. The family has no relatives and they have bad relations with everyone in their locality.

14. They always indulge in a fight with someone and take out the anger on their elder daughter.

15. The girl's school is 8.2 km from her house and she goes and comes by walking.

16. The girl's workplace is 6 km from her house and she goes and comes by walking.

17. She is a kind-hearted person and is very humble.

18. She is very sensitive and emotional.

19. She is always scared of people, her parents and gets bullied by students of her school.

20. She is a lesbian  which is not known to her parents or anybody else except her best friend Ekta Bhati.

21. The girl is physically weak, but good in school and her job.

22. The girl loves her younger sister Arya very Much.

                                                                    THE END

Reading the file made me feel pity for the girl. I kept the file, went in the balcony and sat on the chair thinking about what to do. After thinking for a long time, I got something interesting in my mind and I decided to tell this to my best friend Anjali. So I grabbed my phone and called her, but she didn't respond. I thought she might be busy with her cute-little daughter Khushi.

Then I heard my mom calling me and I realized that it's time for dinner and I went downstairs to have dinner. I went in the kitchen and I could smell the fragrance of food. I sat on the dining table. My parents joined me and I saw my mother serving me mouth-watering delicious dishes. She had made all my favourite dishes, which had both Marwari food and other dishes. There was Dal Baati Churma, Kabuli Pulao, Gatte ki Sabzi, Butter Chicken, mutton Kebabs, Paneer Angara, Mutton Biryani, Butter Naan. We all started to eat, then my mother asked, "So did you read the file?" I said yes.

"So, tell me mom-dad, when you guys went to talk to the Purohit's?" I asked. "The next day after reading the report. Your mother was very angry on the couple." Said my father.

"I want every detail of the conversation dad." I demanded. Okay said my father and started to tell.

START OF FLASHBACK

We went in our Mercedes Benz AMG-GT to put a rich impression on them. We reached the house. I asked one of our bodyguard to inform them about us. He informed them and came back. All bodyguards placed themselves accordingly at the place. All the neighbors were looking at us. We went with two bodyguards. I had told my bodyguard to give a brief introduction of us. The Purohit's greeted us and asked to come inside. We placed ourselves in the nearby chairs and I was about to introduce, when the man interrupted, we know about you sir. Your bodyguard gave your brief introduction. My name is Ronak Purohit, my wife Asha and our daughter Arya. We gave them a smile. Suman gave a box of imported chocolates to the little girl so that her parents may not get that.

"We are extremely sorry to come here without appointment! I hope we are not disturbing you guys." Said Suman. "Not at all mam." Said Asha. "Oh please! don't call us sir and mam. You can call us by our names. I will straight come to the point. We are here to talk about the marriage of our Children Mayra and Nikita." I said. Listening this they were shocked and happy.

"But Our daughter is only 16, who goes to school and we love her very much. So, thank you for the proposal and sorry as we cannot accept this." said Ronak. We knew that now they are playing, but we were prepared for this. "We know how much you love your child. She is young, but legally she can be married. We know she goes to school and can continue to complete her education even after marriage if she wishes to, we have no issues with that." Said Suman. The couple seemed happy, but then they played again.

"How can we be happy, as after marriage, our lovely daughter will not be living with us? Said Asha. "Don't worry. We will try to make you happy." I said. "How Mr. Singhania?" Asked Ronak.

"We will help you in settling, by offering you a good deal. "And most importantly we will take care of your daughter and love her more than you guys." I said. I knew that they will not decline this and were waiting for us to say this.

The couple seemed happy. "Okay. As you guys are doing so much for our daughter, we are happy to accept this marriage proposal." Said Asha. "Good! This is my card. If you need anything, please call me. I have a small request. I want that our families should have a lunch together so our children can meet. So I will give you a call regarding the lunch." I said and we left.

"They didn't even ask how we got all information about them, Stupid greedy morons." Suman said to Shekhar.

END OF FLASHBACK

I felt very disgusted that my parents bought me a wife by giving a deal to her family. "So, what you have to say now Mayra?" said my mother.

I took a deep breath and said, "I am ready for the marriage, but I have few conditions. If you guys and the kid agrees to it, then the marriage is ON or else it is OFF. My parents looked happy and also little stressed.