XXX || End Of The Line

Before Lena can shout a warning, the dark vine-like extension of the demon have already all latched and twisted onto Caelus, over one of his arms and both of his legs. He slices them with a gale of air with his free hand, but they keep growing.

The strangest thing is that even if they bounce back and get near Lena, they never come into contact with her. It's like they do not want to. Not on her or anyone else or anything else — only Caelus.

The air around Caelus vibrates violently and then, without warning, he sends a burst of energy from all around him that encompasses an entire radius powerful enough like an explosion, rocketing the entire part of the train and sending the train into a damping movement.

Lena collects herself, and carefully ignoring the very vast space that they can drop down to anytime at all especially when Caelus does something like that, she yells, "Do you mind?!"

"Sorry, but they keep coming," Caelus apologises genuinely as he creates a barrier to block off the opening of the train, making Lena at ease. By doing this, he has completely cut off the demon's... whatever part of its body. The blobs lie on the platform quite restlessly, as if still alive.

"Maybe it's still mad that you sent it flying into buildings," Lena ponders.

Caelus turns to face her. "Not helping."

All it's left is the demon's arms and head now, but still it prevails. It continually hits the barricade Caelus has created, making the train lurch forwards. At that moment, Caelus and Lena go tumbling into the side, and Caelus, losing focus, releases the barrier of protection over the train.

"Caelus! We're gonna —"

But they crash to the inside of the train. The rocketing halts for a moment, just enough time for Lena to get a hold of herself.

"Hey, let go."

Lena quickly crosses her arms awkwardly after knowing she has been grabbing onto Caelus' arm. "I-I wasn't scared or anything, you know," she says defensively.

"Sure."

"I'm serious!" She looks to the train opening. "But can't you —"

"I'm tired." And he means it. He slides to the floor and leans his head on the cool metal side, facing the ripped open side of the train, watching the demon meet its doom.

Now that Lena thinks about it, Caelus is in no condition. He was injured — perhaps still is, even if the school's medic lady has somehow treated him or something — as he was battling Lucifer. It is unknown how he got the injuries in the first place, but it must be a long morning for him, too.

And perhaps that is why he doesn't notice the tangle of the demon's remains move. Lena too realises too late. They spring forward, but Caelus is rather quick and strong. He sends a jet of wind and knocks them completely out into the open air, although this action makes them slide a little too much forward to the opening for Lena's liking. Still, she grabs onto a pole nearby and just barely grabs a hold of Caelus' uniform to prevent him from slipping over the edge. Her palms are sweaty, but she has the urge to grin at the luck of the both of them.

"Nice aim," she compliments. She tugs at him to make sure he doesn't fall, urging him to get a grip. He does, sloppily. She realises how pale he looks. She assures him, "It's almost over."

And as soon as she's said that, she wish she hasn't. There's a loud creak, and the entire platform of theirs sink beneath, and finally cracks under the pressure — no entirely, but enough for both Caelus and Lena who are in the open to begin sliding to their dooms. Worse, over to her left, she hears the Catalysts arguing again. They are on about some sort of difficulty.