Ch:20 Leaving

(Lea's P.O.V)

You must all simply be wondering why these few days have been posed as something terrible. Why we've been acting like it's someone's funeral or something. Why it was so emotional.

Well, it's actually a quite simple answer. Probably why you all couldn't figure it out. (Just kidding!)

When you've grown up and lived in a place for you're entire life, you tend to get attached to it. Just like I have. And no wonder you create a bond with the people there. The neighborhood and schools. Everything.

So when you have to abruptly leave all of it behind when things just started getting better, it hurts. And it affects. A lot.

Now that I think about it......what type will I have to really choose at my new school? I could choose popular, nerd, geek, sporty, average, bad-ass, troublemaker, good girl, bullied......there were numerous options that infiltrated my mind. But I know that I won't really have a way in that. I won't be the one who'll make the choice. Like a new start. Though it will be short.

I can presently see the trees and scenery blurring past as we speed in this car during the hot day afternoon and the distance towards my destination has gradually decreased.

Austin.

That's where I'll be staying from now on. Till at least my mission is complete. A hostel.

Texas is a good one and a half hour drive from my home; San Antonio.

I feel both upset and excited right now. I mean, who wouldn't?

"Of course you're happy at having left everyone!"

Yeah.......Nikita is quite angry with me for not having declined this mission. Only talks to tell or criticizes my decision and then shuts herself out. Well, can't really blame her.

My mom and dad are dropping me off at the hostel and I'm glad about that.

After about thirty more minutes, we'd arrived at our destination. The ride had been a lot of fun since we kept talking and cracking jokes.

I stepped out of the car and stood with the luggage that was took out. I felt exhilarated as I saw the hostel. To be honest, it was pretty and spacious from the outside only and we'd seen in the photos that it's interior was also just as good.

"Well....I'll miss you, Mom!" I hugged her and smiled, trying to conceal the disappointment.

My mom, a housewife, hugged me back tightly. "Oh, you'll be fine! We'll visit again soon as well!"

She pulled back and I gave her a grateful smile. Then I looked at my dad who had a wide smile on his face and I returned it. I shook his hand firmly and then hugged him.

"Bye, dad!"

"Bye, Lea. If you need anything-" I looked at them with wide eyes because the words that usually follow are words saying 'just call'. And for that....I need a phone. Which means-

"Oh god!" I let out a squeal and a few people turned to look at me for a second. In my mom's hand rested a Samsung phone. Oh wow! This is epic! I.Have.Got.My.Own.Phone!!!

"Thank you so much Mom, Dad!"

They both laughed at my reaction as I took it into my own hands. I smiled gaily at them and turned.

"Well, my room number was 143, correct?" I asked.

Yeah...it's a big school and well known.

Rachel Summers nodded, "Good luck, hon." I grinned and my dad added, "And don't spend all your time on the smartphone."