15. NOT WHAT ALWAYS MEETS THE EYE

Chapter 15: NOT WHAT ALWAYS MEETS THE EYE.

******************************************************************

At the lobby, almost everyone was present except Josh. With the way he was hopping around one would think him to be the first one there. It's been a while now, what did he fall asleep?

I grew restless to see Kate looking down at her wrist watch for the millionth time. We were all sitting, standing and/or leaning.....waiting.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting" Josh hollered as he finally showed up and I immediately forgave him, I was not gonna let anything ruin my mood, not today. And there he was Mr. Black, walking towards us while calmly talking on his phone with his almost natural neutral expression. Looks like someone decided to grace us with their presence.

I turned to look at everyone, expecting some shocked faces but there weren't any, they all just seemed excited and exchanged knowing looks amongst themselves. Him tagging along might not be a new thing, I mean what do I know, I'm new here.

Kate had called and confirmed our bookings and everyone decided to drive to reach the 'party' venue. Aurora towers was one of those multi story luxurious buildings in the city where you get everything at one place, Iike nightclub, gaming area, rooftop dining with karaoke, arcade, ocean view and other things.....not a bad option.

And so we embarked upon what I hoped was a fun evening out.

*************************

After going through the routine of fastening our shoelaces, and me jumping up and down a little on my spot for warm up, we all stood there in the bowling alley which was reserved for us. It was a VIP booking that Kate took care of. But that didn't mean that the place was deserted, there were a few people busy in their own lanes.

"Alexandra?" To my utter shock, it was Jensen who spoke.

"Just Alex," I told him reflexively, and he nodded in acknowledgement.

His eyes darted a look towards one shiny lane and then back at me. "What say?" he sure was a man of few words.

I too looked at the bowling pins "You mean...a game?" I asked, just to be sure, slightly smiling but mostly bewildered about the fact that he was willingly speaking to me of all people.

"A match" Jensen corrected with a challenging smirk. "Think you can handle it?" Josh chuckled observing this exchange, he probably thought that I would back out of this hidden challenge.

Okay...I see how it is. He is planning on defeating and embarrassing me in front of all my friends as a payback for being a tough nut. We'll see who'll beat whom. "Game on, Mr. Black" I agreed.

"let's team up" he raised his eyebrows in unconcealed amusement.

"Josh you're with me right?" I asked, more like stated.

"Now way in hell am I going against Jensen" Josh said and walked up to his friend. Traitor.

"You'll regret this" I said and pointed straight at him for dramatic effect, Jensen smiled and everyone else laughed.

I raised both my hands in the air and asked Kate "What about you, boss or friend?"

She playfully skipped towards me, "The choice is obvious!"

"Seriously Kate? Don't you know us?" Josh gloated gesturing at Jensen and himself.

"Oooh, but you don't know Alex" was all she said.

"That's my girl, Kate Winters everyone!" I clapped for her and then jokingly instructed, "Nick quickly get onboard with my team, or you're fired!" Everyone laughed at my silliness, but Nick did it anyway. I think he got used to me and my weird orders.